Ranking the 32 NFL Jerseys

I dont know if anyone ever did this

1. Pittsburgh Steelers - may be biased in your opinion seeing as my name is black_gold, but they have the best color scheme and keep it classic but some what up to date with the numbers.

2. New York Jets

3. Oakland Raiders

4. New England Patriots

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Houston Texans

7. New York Giants

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9. Carolina Panthers

10. Miami Dolphins

11. Arizona Cardinals

12. Chicago Bears

13. New Orleans Saints

14. Baltimore Ravens

15. Jacksonville Jaguars

16. Buffalo Bills

17. San Diego Chargers

18. Seattle Seahawks

19. St. Lous Rams

20. Detroit Lions

21. Tennessee Titans

22. Cinncinatti Bengals

23. Philadelphia Eagles

24. Indianapolis Colts

25. Kansas City Chiefs

26. Denver Broncos

27. San Francisco 49ers

28. Dallas Cowboys

29. Washington Redskins

30. Minnesota Vikings

31. Green Bay Packers

32. Cleveland Browns - I HATE THE BROWNS!!!!

Tell me what youns think and make some lists also

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

I'd put the Bucs first. Very original, nice colors. Giants should be lower. Agree with the Steelers in the top ten, but not first place.

I disagree with my Chiefs at 25, I don't mind their classic look.

It was done in the past month. The thread is either buried among the actives, or in the graveyard. But since you asked:

1. Texans

2. Colts

3. 49ers

4. Jets

5. Eagles (and they're my favorite team, but I still liked the kelly greens)

6. Steelers

7. Chiefs

8. Bears

9. Packers

10. Vikings

11. Saints

12. Chargers (would be top 5 if they brought back the yellow bolts/numbers/facemask)

13. Lions (with those crappy black alts, they should be glad they're this high)

14. Browns (don't mess with a classic)

15. Raiders (ditto)

16. Ravens

17. Titans

18. Redskins

19. Panthers

20. Cowboys

21. Dolphins

22. Patriots (I hated 'em at first but they grew on me a little; this is for XXXIX)

23. Bengals

24. Rams (liked the older ones better)

25. Broncos (ditto)

26. Seahawks (ditto)

27. Buccaneers (ditto)

28. Falcons (ditto)

29. Jaguars (for their increasing overreliance on going all-black and wrecking the great set they have, and for not learning from the all-black debacle Ray Lewis dumped on the Ravens)

30. Giants

31. Cardinals

32. Bills ( :puke: )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

1. Seattle Seahawks--I usually like the classics, but I love these unique colors. Great update.

2. Indianapolis Colts--classic blue and white. Like the Leafs. I love 'em.

3. Oakland Raiders --classic. Tough. Don't change a thing.

4. Minnesota Vikings--great update from 1980s look. I don't feel the Vikes need an update.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars--except the black

6. Philadelphia Eagles

7. Detroit Lions--bump them up a few if they never added black

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9. St. Lous Rams

10.New England Patriots

11. Kansas City Chiefs--red and yellow is great--ala old school Flames and Iowa State.

12. Dallas Cowboys--Good white, but could never figure out the blue.

13.Houston Texans

14.San Diego Chargers

15. Arizona Cardinals

16.New Orleans Saints

17.New York Jets --I find these overrated--they look like the decade from which they originally came.

18.Green Bay Packers

19.Tennessee Titans--Good colors--bad design.

20.Cleveland Browns

21.Chicago Bears

22.Pittsburgh Steelers --Big fat stripes need block numbers.

23.Baltimore Ravens

24.San Francisco 49ers--trying too hard.

25. New York Giants

26. Washington Redskins

27. Carolina Panthers

28. Miami Dolphins--trying too hard. Too many colors.

29.Denver Broncos--Nike Infiltration

30. Atlanta Falcons--Hate the new logo and goofy sleeve stripes.

31. Buffalo Bills--What a mess.

32. Cinncinatti Bengals--They just blew it. Had top 5 material (still top 5 helmet) and went all "Oregon" :cursing:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. Texans: all three of their jerseys are perfect.

2. Eagles: even though I see them everywhere, I still love them. I'm not too big on their black jersey, however. It's still not terrible, though.

3. Steelers: biased, maybe, but their jerseys are almost perfect in my books. If they just got rid of the logo on the front, they would be. I even like the stylized numbers.

4. Dolphins: love their colours. Not a fan of their orange alternates, though.

5. Falcons: I like the modernity of their jerseys. Had they not switched to red as their home jersey, however, they would not be as high on my list.

honourable mentions: Bears, Raiders, Seahawks.

---

28. Giants: their new away jersey is terrible.

29. Cowboys: they'd be a lot higher if they standardized their colours.

30. Lions: addition of black ruined their look.

31. Bills: just a mess.

32. Bengals: an even bigger mess.

other uniforms I dislike: Saints, Chiefs, Broncos.

trophy_silver.gif

Since there are more than 32 jerseys in the NFL i guess i'll do a composite list of favorite packages, or favorite overall jersey schemes and such.

1.Steelers

2.Colts

3.Raiders

4.Packers

5.Redskins

6.Jets

7.Panthers

8.Texans

9.Jaguars

10.Bears

11.Lions

12.Chargers

13.49ers

14.Giants

15.Patriots

16.Rams

17.Dolphins

18.Broncos

19.Vikings

20.Buccaneers

21.Eagles

22.Cardnals

23.Chiefs

24.Seahawks

25.Falcons

26.Titans

27.Saints

28.Cowboys

29.Browns

30.Ravens

31.Bills

32. Bengals

This was hard to do. A lot of the ones i was indifferent on are in the middle and could be swapped easily.

How can you guys rank the Bills so low?? I love what they did with their redesign. For me the darker blue makes it a lot more contemporary, the use of the lighter blue piping and numbers (on the away jerseys) is a fantastic nod to the original Bills uniforms. And their new Alt uniform (semi-throwback) is SUPERB.

anyway my ranking:

1. Colts - I LOVE the simplicity and classic look

2. Seahawks

3. Steelers

4. Chargers

5. Falcons

6. Giants

7. Bills

8. Jets

9. Texans

10. Buccaneers

11. Cardinals

12. Broncos

13. Raiders

14. Bears

15. Jaguars

16. Packers

17. Lions

18. 49ers

19. Patriots (they need to lose some of the red)

20. Titans

21. Saints

22. Dolphins

23. Cowboys

24. Panthers (I hate Silver as a dominant uniform colour. Dallas and Carolina lose marks for their silver helmets)

25. Eagles

26. Rams

27. Browns (Their brown is cool - but the orange is gross)

28. Bengals

29. Ravens

30. Vikings

31. Lions

33. Chiefs

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

Cool site.

Anyway, I agree with Nick. The Bills uni is taking a bad rap and I'm not a huge Bills fan. I think it looks great especially compared with those boring uni's of the 80's-90's. My favorite combo is the dark home jersey with the white pants. I don't much care for the blue/blue look. The throwbacks with the white "grazing" Buffalo helmets are great looking.

1. Bills

2. Ravens - i dig that logo

3. Saints

4. Packers

5. Eagles

6. Chargers- throwbacks raise their position

7. Bucs

8. Cards- new uni's give them a boost

9. Chiefs - love the classic red

10. Colts

11. Lions

12. Raiders

13. Broncos

14. Panthers

15. Rams

16. Dolphins

17. Falcons

18. Titans

19. 49ers

20. Bengals

21. Steelers

22. Jets

23. Patriots

24. Vikings

25. Bears

26. Texans

27. Jags

28. Browns

29. Redskins

30. Cowboys

31. Seahawks

32. Giants

1. Seahawks

2. Browns (Suckersssss..... :D)

3. Ravens

4. Jaguars

5. Colts

6. Bears

HM: Panthers, Chargers

30. Bills - No thanks

31. Raiders - When's the last time it changed?

32. Rams - Because I'm a Seahawks fan ;)

Here's my list:

1. Tampa Bay: Red and pewter have made a great combination for Bucs.

2. Philadelphia: Love the green and the numbering.

3. Green Bay: Green and gold is a combination that works very well.

4. Tennessee: Either you love them or hate them. I love them.

5. Detroit: Gotta like that Honolulu blue

6. Jacksonville: Great use of teal and very good numbering

7. Oakland: Silver & black looks great together while helping to project Raiders' image. Possibly one of the top 10 logos in sports on helmet.

8. Carolina: I like the use of white and blue. White/white is best uniform in set.

9. St. Louis: I used to like the old uniforms, but I like these as well. Like Carolina, road uniforms are better than home.

10. Minnesota: You have to like the particular shade of purple the Vikings use. Minor thing, but I hope Vikings go back to flat helmets instead of metallic.

11. Washington: Burgundy & gold somehow make a winning combination. Helmets are a classic.

12. New England: I like the deeper blue and the use of silver in the Patriots' latest uniforms. This set is the best they've ever had.

13. Chicago: Navy blue & orange always a good combination. Uniform is not too busy and I like the font used for numbering.

14. NY Giants: When you see those uniforms, you know you're in America. ny logo is just as good as GIANTS.

15. San Francisco: There's something about their version of red I like a lot. Gold pants a plus.

16. Cincinnati: I like the increase in the use of orange. I didn't like the new uniforms at first, but they've grown on me.

17. Atlanta: The new uniforms aren't bad, but I like the Dan Reeves uniforms better. I like the road version especially. Hopefully the Falcons will go back to black tops primarily.

18. Kansas City: Red & yellow a good combination. However, I don't favor the shiny red pants they've been wearing on the road the past 5 years.

19. Miami: I wish they would use aqua more. Get rid of the navy. Bring back any uniform they wore under Don Shula and it'd be an improvement.

20. Arizona: Not in favor of the latest uniforms. One of the more intimidating logos, however.

21. Pittsburgh: When they changed the numbering 10 or so years ago, they made bland uniforms look worse.

22. Indianapolis: Lots of tradition behind these uniforms, but they somehow don't click very well with me. I've always liked the helmet.

23. NY Jets: No more green pants! Very plain uniforms.

24. Seattle: The blue and lime green were new ideas, but Seahawks flopped with the blue. They shouldn't wear blue/blue too much.

25. New Orleans: OK uniforms. Unlike other teams, I'd advise them to go to shinier, more metallic pants. Right now, they look very pale.

26. San Diego: Not bad, but not great either. Against everyone else's wishes, I'd switch them to the uniforms they wore in the 70s & 80s.

27. Cleveland: Always have had very bland uniforms, especially when they wear white tops.

28. Denver: Good colors, but the jersey is horrific. Simply put, they should wear what they had previously. Orange has lost importance with the Broncos ever since they switched.

29. Dallas: Not bad, but very plain. The star on the helmet saves it from being a total bore. Lots of tradition, however.

30. Baltimore: Purple is rather pale and looks a lot like a shade of blue. Logo doesn't say a lot.

31. Houston: Basically, they stole ideas from Texas and Ole Miss when putting these uniforms together. Not fond of anything they have. I'd scrap it all.

32. Buffalo: I hate these! Go back to what you had & you'll be in top 1/2 of list.

That's the list. It may or may not be accurate, but this is how I feel at the moment. For the most part, everyone has good enough uniforms and I think only three teams (Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo) need a major overhaul.

Oh my...

1. Packers (green jersey and helmet are absolutely flawless. White jersey needs just a minor tweak to be perfect as well.)

2. Steelers (black helmet makes them look more intimidating than the Raiders)

3. Saints (best helmet in the NFL, not bad jerseys, love the gold alternate)

4. Colts (would be perfect if not for the pointless gray facemask)

5. Bills (numbers look fantastic, blue shoulders work, red racing stripe a nice nod to the logo)

...yada yada...

28. Broncos (they were okay before, but now they're just...blah...which is saying a lot when you compare them to every other team in Denver)

29. Ravens (bad logo, bad helmet, bad jersey font, passable uniform)

30. Jaguars (what started out as something with great potential has degenerated into something much more bland that it deserves to be)

31. Buccaneers (sorry, but when you get down to it, it's BROWN! And a worse shade than Cleveland's.)

32. Eagles (what an ugly shade of green and stupid looking number font that seems to have no connection whatsoever to any of the logos. And that charcoal is pointless.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1. Green Bay Packers (Clean Classic, Good Colour Combo)

2. New York Jets (Retro but modern enough)

3. Chicago Bears (If it aint broke don't fix it)

4. Kansas City Chiefs (Again, I'm a fan of the traditional simple look)

5.Pittsburgh Steelers (Hint of additional style witht he numbers)

6. Oakland Raiders (simple and fits the team's identity perfectly)

7. Indianapolis Colts (Simple and clean, don't care about the shoulder bands)

8. Washington Redskins (Good colour combo, home and road are good)

9. Dallas Cowboys (just like the Redskins)

10. New York Giants (Old school feel is good. Not crazy about the new whites)

11. Minnesota Vikings (Vikings suck, but their jerseys are alright)

12. Detroit Lions (the added black was a good touch)

13. Cleveland Browns (I like the brown, the orange jerseys are no good)

14. Carolina Panthers (Dropped in my rankings cause they use the blacks to much)

15. San Diego Chargers (Solid jerseys, but would rather they use throwbacks)

16. Houston Texans (Modern but still classic. The look is hear to stay a while)

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (Good look for the team. The black theme is the best)

18. New England Patriots (A little too modern, but good. I hate the silver jersey)

19. Philadelphia Eagles (Don't like the black jersey or the number font)

20. Tennesse Titans (Fonts suck, light blue jerseys are awesome, a hint of SD)

21. New Orleans Saints (Too dark, I mean the gold and black)

22. St. Louis Rams (Bland, but better than the old ones)

23. Arizona Cardinals (Cool upgrade but I liked the old ones)

24. Miami Dolphins (Too much colour in the numbers, need to simplify)

25. Baltimore Ravens (Were good, till I saw some of the concepts)

26. Atlanta Falcons (A little too busy)

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Can't stand the colour for the pants and helmet)

28. San Francisco 49ers (Too much colour in the numbers, like the Dolphins)

29. Seattle Seahawks (Needs more colour or at least break up the monochrome)

30. Denver Broncos (Always hated these. # Fonts suck, Elway era best)

31. Cinncinnati Bengals (Better than the old ones, but way to busy, tried to inc to much)

32. Buffalo Bills (Worst in league, especially the roads)

I already posted my list, but I'm only going to say this about the Bills - about whom I am completely neutral:

They had solid uniforms, simple all-American color schemes and a great helmet logo. They listened to too many focus groups, and went way overboard. Suddenly, they have a royal blue AND a navy blue (if you're going to have more than 1 member of the same color family, spread 'em out like the Titans' or the oft-posted light green/dark green Jets concept I've seen here). They added nickel in a nod to the past, and only put in thin stripes on the middle of the helmets. Some tribute. Then they made a patchwork-quilt mess of the other ideas: vertical stripes under the arms, boxy, squared-off piping every which way in a trim color that isn't that far from the color it's bordering, colored jersey yoke that extends beyond the nameplate on the back. It's just too much, and they look like they were trying to please everyone, from the players on the team as well as potential free agents, to die-hard Bills fans (who are more deeply invested in the team, and the uniform that represents their rooting interests) to people looking for fashion jerseys and cutting-edge gear who couldn't care less about the team. In the end, they wound up with an embarrasing major step back from what they had: boring but professional and clean.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I find it interesting that blackgold rates the Packers so low because the Steelers design is basically based on the 60s Packers striping. (And Iowa's is based on the Steelers)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Hmm, all 32

Let's see

1. Da Bears

2. 49ers

3. Packers

4. Raiders

5. Redskins (I'm a homer!)

6. Rams

7. Texans

8. Colts

9. Chargers

10. Giants

11. Steelers

12. Vikings

13. Dolphins

14. Chiefs

15. Saints

16. Lions

17. Browns

18. Eagles

19. Falcons

20. Buccaneers

21. Jets

22. Patriots

23. Cowboys (Would make top 10 if they standardized their colors)

24. Titans

25. Seahawks

26. Broncos

27. Jaguars

28. Ravens

29. Panthers

30. Cards

31. Bills

32. Bengals

Archived