Engagement Announcement Cards

Nick 1733

You need a more confined color scheme. You're trying to mix pink, blue, red and purple with a black & white photo. Try to keep all the colors close together in the spectrum. Drop the blue and pink, first of all. Keep everything close together in terms of color, just change the level of brightness to accent certain points.

That, and spell "announce" correctly. B)

Okay, updated it. Let me know what you guys think.

You're not supposed to use middle initials...either go with the middle name, or leave it out entirely. And "To be wed" sounds weird...just put the date...you know what, take that whole line out entirely. The date will be announced on "Save the date" cards and wedding invitations. No need to put the wedding date on an engagement announcement. My 2 cents, and sorry if it's not really design-related. Just trying to help you out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If it were me I'd use a better image, something where you aren't wearing a nuggets jersey. Maybe a nice collared shirt or even a tie. Possibly a professional picture.

Usually announcements are very simple and elegant with the picture being something that the family members can hold on to, like wallet picture.

Also the text usually reads:

Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bride

are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter

Mary Bride

to

Ralph Groom

son of Mr. and Mrs. Al Groom

on the 25th day of October, Two Thousand and Seven.

If it were me I'd use a better image, something where you aren't wearing a nuggets jersey. Maybe a nice collared shirt or even a tie. Possibly a professional picture.

Usually announcements are very simple and elegant with the picture being something that the family members can hold on to, like wallet picture.

Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bride

Mary Bride

to

Ralph Groom

Would you announce the date on an engagement announcement, pcgd? Obviously on a wedding invitation you would, as well as "save the date", but often times when there is engagement the wedding date is not planned. I guess only include it when the date is set in stone, as Nick's wedding is...??

I agree with everything else you mentioned above.

Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bride

Mary Bride

to

Ralph Groom

I know that's how it usually goes. but this is just something the both of us decided to do. This is also how her parents are going to find out about it.

We chose to go a unique route with this one, something simple and that represents our unique qualities.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I know that's how it usually goes. but this is just something the both of us decided to do. This is also how her parents are going to find out about it.

We chose to go a unique route with this one, something simple and that represents our unique qualities.

Interesting...Good luck with it, and congratulations on the engagement!

This is also how her parents are going to find out about it.

I'm sure they'll treasure the card, but don't you think this is one of those occasions best celebrated with a personal announcement, face-to-face? You know, champagne, kisses, handshakes and all?

If it were me I'd use a better image, something where you aren't wearing a nuggets jersey.  Maybe a nice collared shirt or even a tie.  Possibly a professional picture.

Usually announcements are very simple and elegant  with the picture being something that the family members can hold on to, like wallet picture.

Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bride

Mary Bride

to

Ralph Groom

so you didn't ask her father first? you are fluffed.

At least Nick gets to choose who he wants to marry..... It's not like his father negotiated some cattle or anything

Judging by the length of the engagement, he's keeping his options open just in case his father can come up with somebody with more cowbell, though. :P

drop the outline from the text altogether, it looks amateurish at best.

find a better background image...better yet, don't use a background image...amateurish again.

simple = elegant

busy = gaudy

If you're going to include the date, you won't be able to send it to anyone that won't be invited to the wedding. If they get teh announcement with the date, they'll assume they're invited to the wedding.

Very good point!

drop the outline from the text altogether, it looks amateurish at best.

find a better background image...better yet, don't use a background image...amateurish again.

simple = elegant

busy = gaudy

I think I'll still use the background image because she likes it, but I'll take what you said into consideration, thanks.

Archived