your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

Schaumburg, where I grew up:

schaumburg.gif

I'm not sure if the design means anything. I never really cared, to be honest. I know it's supposed to be "Germanic", but that's about it.

Arlingotn Heights, where I live now:

ah.gif

It's an A, an H, and a horse! The horse is reference to Arlington Park Racecourse, the biggest generator or revenue (by a wide margin) in town.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New for 2005...

image edited out to reduce space in the quote

ummmmmm..... care to explain what that's supposed to represent? :therock:

Stairway to Heaven, dude.

Yeah, and it appears the stairway is out of order

What do you expect? After all, it is Milwaukee. :P

First, where I live:

quilmes8vm.gif

That's City of Quilmes (pronounce "Keel-mesh"), Province of Buenos Aires (Good Airs), Argentina (Argentum Land = Silver Land). It's over the River Plate so you see the river shore. At right, there is a fire, it was for use as a "lighttower" guiding the ships that entered the estuary of the River Plate.

But Quilmes is named after the Indians Quilmes who battled hardly against Spaniards but lost the war near the current Bolivia. So the vindictive Spaniards sent them exiliated to the shores of the humid River Plate where they extinguished gradually.

Today Quilmes is best known for its beer, that is the logo:

19.jpg

Well, as Swiss, I descend from an antique family originary from:

heimiswil5az.gif

Heimiswil (pronounce "J-i-miss-Bill"), canton of Bern (Bär = bear), Switzerland (maybe was Schwaab, "Swabia" mispronouced). It's a very, very small village. Perhaps there are almost 50 souls. :hockeysmiley:

The seal is about a tree with fruits over a gelid mount with three promontories. Big thing! Never a good story there. :D

The best thing there are... the Alps to be contemplate.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

New for 2005...

milwaukee-logo.jpg

ummmmmm..... care to explain what that's supposed to represent? :therock:

The Milwaukee Museum of Art expansion, recently completed and designed by Santiago Calatrava. At least thats what it looks like to me from seeing pictures of it, and his signature roofs and bridges are a lot like that. I could be wrong though.

Archived