Name That Font!

pcgd

Anyone know what font this is? Where it says Home Opener?

12043082_10153593593789477_1994789891226

To 'Home Opener' specifically, looks like Armada Black or Extra Bold. The rest of the writings (except the "United in Red" one) is also Armada, from Light to Regular to Bold.

Mucho thanx!

You're welcome. Anyways, I bet you're curious of which font is close to the one in "United in Red" too, because so am I.

Wolf's Bane

• Like 1

Thanks. But it's customly expanded in length and height from its original size. However, it counts.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Are the Royals using a custom variant of the standard MLB block? I've been trying to replicate it in Illustrator by taking the standard MLB block and making it a bit thicker with outlines, but it's not looking how I'd hope. I have both the standard block and a condensed variant, so it seems like there was a thicker variant that was made.

Are the Royals using a custom variant of the standard MLB block? I've been trying to replicate it in Illustrator by taking the standard MLB block and making it a bit thicker with outlines, but it's not looking how I'd hope. I have both the standard block and a condensed variant, so it seems like there was a thicker variant that was made.

It's not the standard MLB block that's used by teams like the Mets, Cardinals, and Orioles; as you noted, it's a thicker variant. The Royals' font is similar (but not identical) to the numbers used on the front of the Dodgers' uniforms. To my knowledge the exact typeface is not readily available on the Internet.

Here's how to make a close approximation in Illustrator:

1) Download the Mets font off of Conrad's website.

2) Type out the numbers at 26.5 pt size in Illustrator.

3) Add a .55 pt outer stroke or 1.1 pt regular stroke.

That will get you extremely close to what the Royals use.

It's not the standard MLB block that's used by teams like the Mets, Cardinals, and Orioles; as you noted, it's a thicker variant. The Royals' font is similar (but not identical) to the numbers used on the front of the Dodgers' uniforms. To my knowledge the exact typeface is not readily available on the Internet.

Good to know, thanks. My issue was taking the standard MLB block font (the one provided by Conrad), and doing an offset path of about .25'' or so. It made everything look too bloated and not formed properly.

When you say Mets font... isn't that standard MLB block?

Good to know, thanks. My issue was taking the standard MLB block font (the one provided by Conrad), and doing an offset path of about .25'' or so. It made everything look too bloated and not formed properly.

When you say Mets font... isn't that standard MLB block?

I would not recommend using the font labeled "MLB Block 1" on Conrad's website. I'm not sure why, but the number 5 is off in that typeface. I chose to use the Mets font from this link: https://fontsbyconrad.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/mlb-fonts-update-by-conrad/. You could just as easily use a bunch of other teams, the Mets just happen to be the team I chose.

So I was asking before about the Royals using a thicker variant of standard MLB block. But now I've noticed that the Tigers seem to be using a thinner variant of the block font used by the Yanks and Braves. Are my eyes deceiving me, or do they really have their own custom variant?

• 4 weeks later...