Name That Font!

pcgd

Hey guys - for a while i have been looking for the font that is used as the name and number set for both Major League Soccer and the Scottish Premier League - it is used by a number of other leagues as well, and it's driving me mad. if anyone of you could help that would be great. here are a couple photos of the font style

500_1003178.jpg

500_1003218.jpg

500_1003208.jpg

500_1003203.jpg

500_1003198.jpg

if anyone knows what it is and where to find it, i would much appreciate it.

OD_Signature.jpg

Greetings all,

I am attempting to do a MLB to NFL crossover concept for the beloved Montreal Expos. I am trying to make the alt look like the old powder blue roadies from their heyday. With that said, I am inquiring as to what font (or close alternative) was used for the names and numbers on the back of the jersey and if possible, the lowercase "expos" wordmark.

MTL_1211.gif

If anyone could provide me with such information, I would greatly appreciate it, and would even "dedicate" the concept to you by using your name and number for the alternate uniform.

Thank you,

Greg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

There is a font very similar to the old Expos font called Consort Bold Condensed. I don't have any visuals for the old number in front of me, but the numbers are very similar.

However?the Expos were using that style pretty much since 1969, and the Consort font was made within the last 10 years.

There is also an older font called Egizio Condensed, which might have been the basis for the Expos font.

This now concludes today's leson in Typography, I now return you to your regularly scheduled fetish.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There is a font very similar to the old Expos font called Consort Bold Condensed. I don't have any visuals for the old number in front of me, but the numbers are very similar.

However?the Expos were using that style pretty much since 1969, and the Consort font was made within the last 10 years.

There is also an older font called Egizio Condensed, which might have been the basis for the Expos font.

This now concludes today's leson in Typography, I now return you to your regularly scheduled fetish.

Thanks, JP. I knew you would have the answer. Of course, both of these fonts are commercial, and if I needed it for any other use other than one crossover concept, I'd buy it, but I'll pass this time. Anyway, I'm looking for a couple "knockoffs" to use instead. I'll still use your name and number for the alt (it's gonna be a while...lol), unless you would rather I did not.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.