Name That Font!

pcgd

but in this case WTF would have you believe that was Caslon, upon which Fell Type is based. But it would be wrong. You can tell because of the irregularity of the capital S and W, and the lack of a ball terminal on the lowercase f's descender. H&F-J built all of the Historical Allsorts family with flaws and janky curves in it intentionally to give it a handcrafted look. Digital versions of Caslon don't have these irregularities.

And besides, WTF doesn't sell Hoefler & Frere-Jones fonts, so that wouldn't even be in their database. So is it What the Font or do I have the eye? You tell me ^_^

OD_Signature.jpg

Yeah pretty much with any professional organization you can count on them using licensed fonts to be purchased from type foundries.

That's too bad. I managed to find something very close to Franklin Gothic, but my search for something free that looks even remotely like Klavika was futile. I would love to get it so the thing I'm doing is authentic, but I'll deal with it.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png