Awards

oilfaninvan

Hey Shark

I see you're a national anthems buff... what would you consider to be your favourites?

Personally, I like the Romainian, Russian, Japanese, and Mexican anthems...  they're all powerful.

I have a bias torwards the Mexican anthem of course. I ripped it on a CD and blasted it for the entire neighborhood on Cinco De Mayo  :laugh: (which most of the neighbors loved, if you knew what my neighborhood is like)

a few of my other favorites are Spain, China, Japan, Russia, Sweden, and Ireland.

if you want a "powerful" anthem you should check out France. It doesnt sound like it, but if you read the lyrics and actually translate it, it is indeed powerful

chris since we are on the subject of national anthems, you happen to know where i could find a quality mp3 file of the canadian national anthem IN FRENCH??

also, I just downloaded an mp3 of the Haka war chat the NZ All Blacks rugby team performs before each match.

How about the U.S. anthem? Bombs, Rockets, WAR baby, and at dawn, we were still standing and so was our flag.

I do get a tear every time i hear it. Powerful.

I also dig the Canadian anthem, and the German.

And as we all know, anything french.....sucks. Lousy frogs...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

se.gif

click to hear "Du Gamla Du Fria" (Thou Ancient, Thou Free)

Du gamla, du fria, du fjällhöga Nord,

Du tysta, du glädjerika sköna!

Jag hälsar dig, vänaste land uppå jord,

Din sol, din himmel, dina ängder gröna.

Din sol, din himmel, dina ängder gröna.

Du tronar på minnen från fornstora da'r,

då ärat ditt namn flög över jorden.

Jag vet att du är och du blir, vad du var.

Ja, jag vill leva, jag vill dö i Norden.

Ja, jag vill leva, jag vill dö i Norden.

and this one is in honor of my avatar  :D

fi.gif

click to hear "Maamme" (Our Land)

Oi maamme Suomi, synnyinmaa!

Soi, sana kultainen!

Ei laaksoa ei kukkulaa,

Ei vettä, rantaa rakkaampaa,

Kuin kotimaa tää pohjoinen,

Maa kallis isien!

Sun kukoistukses kuorestaan

Keerrankin puhkeaa!

Viel' lempemme saa nousemaan,

Sun toivos, riemus loistossaan,

Ja kerran laulus, synnyinmaa,

Korkeemman kaiun saa.

newfflag.gif

"Ode to Newfoundland"

When sun-rays crown thy pine-clad hills, And summer spreads her hand, When silvern voices tune thy rills, We love thee, smiling land, We love thee, we love thee, We love thee, smiling land.

When spreads thy cloak of shimm'ring white, At winter's stern command, Thro' shortened day and star-lit night, We love thee, frozen land, We love thee, we love thee, We love thee, frozen land.

When blinding storm gusts fret thy shore, And wild waves lash thy strand, Thro' sprindrift swirl and tempest roar, We love thee, wind-swept land, We love thee, we love thee We love thee, wind-swept land.

As loved our fathers, so we love, Where once they stood we stand, Their prayer we raise to heaven above, God guard thee, Newfoundland, God guard thee, God guard thee, God guard thee, Newfoundland.

*Still trying to find the song on mp3!*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived