Jays Hat Question

eddie010

My friend works at a tiny sports memorabilia store at a shopping mall, and hooked me up with a brand new 2005 authentic Blue Jays road hat, at an extremely reasonable discount price of $15.00. Everything looked great, of course, untill I noticed the MLB logo at the back. The right part is the Jays blue, but the left part is black. According to the MLB Style Guide, it should be blue right, graphite left. An authentic hollogram sticker came with it and everything, but I'm having second thoughts as to if it's actually authentic. Does anyone know if it's like that for other authentic MLB hats, or if mine is just a knock-off?

knock-off.gif

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

One thing I've noticed during making the MLB uniforms for sportslogos.net is that the style guide has a lot of errors.

I have all 3 Authentic Jays hats (Home Graphite, Road Black & BP Graphite) and all 3 have the black and blue MLB logo like yours.

The MLB logo on the back of the uniforms is graphite and blue, so there's nothing to worry about.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Now my graphite hat has the Grey/Blue Logo. Maybe that doesn;t apply to the black one, but thats just mine!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Both my graphite and black caps have the Black/White/Blue batter -- both of mine were purchased at the Jays Team Shop.

My black one was purchased in September 2003, the season before they actually wore the cap so it may be incorrect, but the graphite one was purchased just last week.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think the graphite/blue logo was just added this year to the back of the hats. I was looking at some pictures of last years team and both hats seem to have the black/blue logo. I have noticed some Washington road hats like this as well, some have the red/gold batter logo and some have the blue/gold batter logo.

Just get a better hat!

PAAAAAGPABJKKFAF.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

On a somewhat-related note, you can find one of the rare and quickly-ditched graphite road unis on eBay right now. Search "Blue Jays authentic jersey" and you'll find it. You just have to be able to squeeze into a size 40...

I know it's been said 18,052 times on this board already, but man, this new Jays stuff is the pits.

Edit: I could stop being so lazy and just post the link...

Graphite Madness

Now, to find the matching pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On a somewhat-related note, you can find one of the rare and quickly-ditched graphite road unis on eBay right now. Search "Blue Jays authentic jersey" and you'll find it. You just have to be able to squeeze into a size 40...

They're selling em for $40 a pop at the Jays store

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

$40 Canadian? That's like, well, $40 American, at this point.

And so close to being worth it, if I could get it properly done up, front number and all...

*slap*

No! Bad Sodboy! You have enough ugly jerseys!

*Proceeds to sit in corner and think about what he's done*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yea I saw them when I was there. They tried to get me to buy one. The store clerk was like hey buy this jersey...only $50 and it looks better than that Milwaukee one. But I'd rather get the old style ones.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This is me proudly displaying the never-used graphite roads...

Picture013.jpg

I absolutely love it. It's a shame they don't use it. You know, people complain of seeing the plain light grey uniforms on the road yet complain when a team's trying something new... Oy Vey!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The Nationals have red and blue caps. The right side of the MLB logo is gold on both, but sometimes you see New Era caps in stores with the left side the same color as the cap, red on red or blue on blue, and sometimes you see the left side in contrasting thread, red on blue or blue on red. During the season, I've seen players wearing both styles of caps in games. So I suspect that there is some degree of manufacturer caprice here.

(Lately, I've mostly seen the contrasting MLB logo, red on blue or blue on red, on Nats caps in stores and on players' heads. So maybe this was just a rush-to-market issue that's been straightened out.)

20082614447.png

You and Schoener. Nice. Scott and I grew up together outside of Philly. Did you go to Duke with him or just know him from somewhere else?

Scott nearly decapitated me in a high school game with a line drive back through the box (Lenape v. Haddonfield). I somehow caught the ball, then went to find a clean pair of pants.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

One of my friends was just drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays. University of Florida pitcher Connor Falkenbach. I guess we all just know a bunch of Blue Jays on here. Go figure. :wacko:

7811_512.jpg

spacer.png

My connection is Shaun Marcum, who recently moved up to Triple-A Syracuse and was named the IL's player of the week during his first week at Syracuse (May 30-June 5). Marcum struck out Joey Gathright and B.J. Upton in his first inning of work and struck out 9 in his 6.1-inning debut. He didn't allow a baserunner past second in his second game.

Dude's a gamer and I will have to do some pulling for the Jays when he steps on the bump for them.

MarcumJays.jpg

OK, I don't really know the guy - but he's Blue Jays property and attended my alma mater, Southwest Missouri State (which becomes Missouri State on Aug. 28). I just wanted to join the club.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived