Nike NCAA Bowl Game Throwbacks

Michigan Dave

Nike is going to be making authentic bowl game throwbacks for memorable players/memorable games in college football. Sweet, I thought, and started looking through the late fall order guide, only to notice that it's one glaring error. I first noticed the 2000 Michigan Tom Brady Orange Bowl jersey, in navy. Since I was part of that 99-00 UM team, I know firsthand we wore WHITE jerseys. Then, I started looking at some others, and it appears they are only doing team colored jerseys, despite what the teams wore in the actual game. I could understand doing a season commemorative jersey (ie, 1999 Brady Michigan jersey) in team colors because it shows better, but if you're doing a jersey reflective of an important game, I'd think you'd get it right. The full list is on the distant replays site now:

http://www.distantreplays.com/distant/text_1.asp?tx_id=112&

Errors I noticed right away:

2000 Brady OB should be white

1984 Kosar OB should be white

2000 Vick SB should be white

1983 Warner SB should be white

spikes.jpg

ah...and all this time I thought you'd been a mere fan :D little did I suspect you actually ran out of that tunnel to the tune of The Victors :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ah...and all this time I thought you'd been a mere fan :D little did I suspect you actually ran out of that tunnel to the tune of The Victors :P

No better feeling in the world. Well, maybe running back UP the tunnel after beating Ohio State... :D

spikes.jpg

Even though I am forced to hate you by proxy( :P ), I think it's pretty sweet that someone who played at such a quality (and it pains me to say that) program like Michigan. Out of curiosity, which years did you play for the Wolverines, which would then allow us to figure out how many times did you defeat the Buckeyes?

ducks-large.jpg

Even though I am forced to hate you by proxy( :P ), I think it's pretty sweet that someone who played at such a quality (and it pains me to say that) program like Michigan. Out of curiosity, which years did you play for the Wolverines, which would then allow us to figure out how many times did you defeat the Buckeyes?

I don't think he played, but was a team manager. At least in 1999.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

When would Kurt Warner have played in a bowl game?  He played for UNI, last I remembered?

Kurt Warner, the Seahawks running back, not Kurt Warner the Rams/Giants/Cards quarterback. Different player, different position, different school, different era.

I was a team manager, correct. Do we know each other by chance, or did you just look me up on the BHL roster?

spikes.jpg

I was a team manager, and we were 2-2 v. the Buckeyes- quite depressing given the success of past Michigan squads. <_<

spikes.jpg

When would Kurt Warner have played in a bowl game?  He played for UNI, last I remembered?

Kurt Warner, the Seahawks running back, not Kurt Warner the Rams/Giants/Cards quarterback. Different player, different position, different school, different era.

That would be Curt Warner, Seahawks running back and not Kurt Warner, everybody's quarterback.

I was a team manager, correct. Do we know each other by chance, or did you just look me up on the BHL roster?

Even simpler - googled your name and "Michigan 1999". :D

That would be Curt Warner, Seahawks running back and not Kurt Warner, everybody's quarterback.

I love Kurt Warner, but this article is funny:

"For the Last Time I?m Not the ?Jesus? Kurt Warner," Curt Warner Says

Bellevue, WA ? Former Penn State and Seattle Seahawks running back, Curt Warner (left), once again had to convince visitors on the doorstep of his modest suburban home that he is not the white, Jesus-loving St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner (right). Rather, he is the retired running back and successful auto dealership owner, the black Curt Warner.

Warner reports that this latest incident is the 34th time in the past two years he has had to make such a clarification.

As the agitated mob insisted that he was, in fact, the white, Jesus-loving Kurt Warner, Warner pulled out his Pennsylvania driver?s license.

"Here, look," an exasperated Warner said to the group, members of the nearby Resurrection Presbyterian Church who were hoping to have the inspirational rags-to-riches, supermarket bag boy-turned-NFL MVP speak at their upcoming "Faith in Washington State" seminar. Warner then pointed at his personal information and picture. "See? I spell Curt with a ?C,? not a ?K.? And as you can plainly see, I?m black. The other Kurt Warner is white."

Muttering that they weren?t buying it and they?d be back "once they did some more Internet research," the church group reluctantly dispersed, leaving Warner in peace, at least for the time being.

"Believe me, I?m not a violent man," Warner said later, "but I?m seriously thinking about buying a shotgun."

Warner, who starred at Penn State and was the MVP in the Nittany Lions?s 1982 Fiesta Bowl national championship win over USC, was drafted in the first round by the Seahawks. He played eight years in the NFL, totaling nearly 7,000 yards and scoring 56 touchdowns until injuries forced him to retire 1990.

Yet despite this high-profile NFL career, and despite owning and operating the area?s most successful car dealership, he says he nevertheless has to remind even his closest neighbors that he is not the former Iowa supermarket bag boy who rose through the Arena Football League ranks to become a two-time NFL MVP.

"I don?t know whether people in this town are inbred, or there?s lead in the water, or what," Warner sighed, "but they just can?t seem to remember that I?m not that Kurt Warner. Some of those people have bought their cars from me, our kids go to school together?my black kids, mind you?and they still think I?m the other Kurt. I think I might just go speak at their stupid Jesus rally or whatever it is just so they?ll finally leave me in peace."

"But between you and me," Warner whispered, "after how awful this year was for Kurt and the Rams, I don?t think he?d be real excited to praise Jesus these days, either."

spikes.jpg

"I don?t know whether people in this town are inbred, or there?s lead in the water, or what," Warner sighed, "but they just can?t seem to remember that I?m not that Kurt Warner. Some of those people have bought their cars from me, our kids go to school together?my black kids, mind you?and they still think I?m the other Kurt. I think I might just go speak at their stupid Jesus rally or whatever it is just so they?ll finally leave me in peace."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now THAT'S funny.

Even simpler - googled your name and "Michigan 1999". :D

Nice investigative work! :P I actually work for the Lions now in the visiting lockerroom/sideline, but they're not kind enough to give me props online!

spikes.jpg

No better feeling in the world. Well, maybe running back UP the tunnel after beating Ohio State... 

you guys dont experience that too much these days... :D

Ouch! Talk about your low blows! The Game this season is on my birthday, so nothing better that beating OSU to secure a third straight Rose Bowl (especially THIS Rose Bowl) will do for my present from the blue.

spikes.jpg

I was a team manager, and we were 2-2 v. the Buckeyes- quite depressing given the success of past Michigan squads. <_<

Well, it doesn't look like you're doing too great against the Buckeyes since Tressel got here. 1-3 I think, but they have all been good games...well, except for last year at the shoe.

Well, it doesn't look like you're doing too great against the Buckeyes since Tressel got here. 1-3 I think, but they have all been good games...well, except for last year at the shoe.

The 100th game wasn't that great a game. We pretty much dominated it.

spikes.jpg

Archived