Dollar Bill Face Effect

bhambruiser

I don't think you can scan a dollar bill...so...

You'll have to do a webserch for a 100 dollar bill. Once you find one, I'd make it and the picture you want to overlay greyscale (but save the orginal image to match) Then place them together, fix it up, and make it a duo tone to duplicate the green/black colors. You'll have to mess with the colors a bit to make it work. Take a mid tone green and a dark green/black of the orginal to make it look as close as you can.

yeah i have a $100 bill image...I have got it looking pretty good on my own- although I didn't desaturate the image beforehand ...I just matched the colors after I had it positioned the way I wanted it...I will have to post my final result when I get to the house...thanks for the suggestion.

I'd say play around with the filters in Photoshop (if you have it). There used to be (I imagine they're still there, I haven't really explored it) artistic filters, and I'm pretty sure there's either a cross-hatch filter or pencil sketch filter. The portraits on the currency are finely detailed crossohatch drawings.

You might also need to try to convert a photo to a bitmap and then back again, and tweak it with some other filters.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not bad. Looks a little too "canvassy" and posterized to match up with the cross-hatching on the actual currency, might be due to the very heavy edges.

What technique did you use for it?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

yeah i thought the same thing...i would have messed with it some more, but I was under kind of a deadline...I can't remember everything I did to it...it was very experimental...i don't have time to go through it right now, but when I have a sec I will go through what I did.

I like the subtleties in it ... the Crimson Tide logo instead of the Treasury Seal, and the GOTTFRIED in place of FRANKLIN under the portrait.

I wouldn't worry about it looking to "canvasy", especially if it's not going to be seen in print. I take it this is going to be an OTS graphic?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I like the subtleties in it ... the Crimson Tide logo instead of the Treasury Seal, and the GOTTFRIED in place of FRANKLIN under the portrait.

I wouldn't worry about it looking to "canvasy", especially if it's not going to be seen in print. I take it this is going to be an OTS graphic?

no it is a keywall graphic...thanks for the compliments...everyone seemed to like it, but as the artist, I always think it could have been better.

Dollar Bill?  What is a Dollar Bill?

a $100 I know but a $1 bill?

Silly Canadian. :D

Perhaps a Looney Canadian... :P

Actually, that's Loonie Canadian ..... silly American :P

I was about to post that and then saw it was already done...

And the actual work? It looks good--it gets the point across...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

who need color when you have a hundred dollar bill?

Good point, Tonto.

Colour makes different denominations easier to identify, especially for children, the mentally impaired, the visually impaired, and the elderly. It also makes the bills harder to counterfeit.

Archived