Help in Using Lettering in Paint

GUINNESS

What I usually do is use the Stretch/Skew feature. You can set the number of degrees to angle the letters. Then, if it still looks messy, I'll just erase or add some pixels to make it look a little more even.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What I usually do is use the Stretch/Skew feature. You can set the number of degrees to angle the letters. Then, if it still looks messy, I'll just erase or add some pixels to make it look a little more even.

There's a stretch/skew feature in Paint? What version do you have?

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

What I usually do is use the Stretch/Skew feature.  You can set the number of degrees to angle the letters.  Then, if it still looks messy, I'll just erase or add some pixels to make it look a little more even.

The version that came with my computer, which runs on XP.

I think...

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What I usually do is use the Stretch/Skew feature.  You can set the number of degrees to angle the letters.  Then, if it still looks messy, I'll just erase or add some pixels to make it look a little more even.

The version that came with my computer, which runs on XP.

I think...

RC does it the way I do, and it has always worked well in MSPaint.

A couple of tips:

1. The stretch and skew [CTRL + W, or find it in the "Image" menu] should be in opposite directions, but the same value.

To tilt the letter to the right, skew with a POSITIVE number in the horizontal and skew with a NEGATIVE number vertically. To tilt left, reverse the positive and negative.

2. To make a nice radial arch, the middle letter (or letters, depending on the number of letters in the name) should be straight and unskewed. The outermost letters should be the most skewed, but anything more than about +18/-18 tends to warp the letters, and the remaining letters should be skewed in an evenly decremental fashion until you get to zero.

3. Make sure the letters are paired up working from outside to inside, and their skewing are mirror images of each other.

EXAMPLE. The last name is "WALTERS", seven letters, and each letter is of about the same width.

Skew as follows: W: -15 horiz/+15 vert; A: -10/+10; L: -5/+5; T: do nothing; E:+5/-5; R: +10/-10; S: +15/-15. Then, align the letters up and down as needed until they form a consistent arch.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

awesome..thanks Viatmin D and RC i tried it (a quickie) and it worked out nice..did this in 30 seconds..im sure with more practice and patience i'll have nicer ,cleaner results..ive been trying this for 3 years with no help and have almost given up..thanks again guys

var.png

FishNChips_200.jpg

No problem, hope it helps.

And for the record, my 15 degree example was just that. You could do the same effect with 12 degree - 8 degree - 4 degree. As long as the decrease in degree in consistent from one letter pair to the next.

What part of the Jersey Shore? We're shore folk on both sides (Dad - Cape May, Mom - Brigantine, met in Wildwood, summer in OC since '83, in-laws live in Somers Point)...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived