Another eagles jersey difference?

CrookedThumb

The Midnight Green has not changed for 2003.  It's the same dark teal that it's always been.  Yes, it's actually called "Dark Teal" - at least in Pantone Textile terms.  Actually, on the Pantone charts, the color that is designated as Midnight Green is the darkest color on a sheet of Teals.

BigEd mentioned this to me in a PM, but I've been wondering why (and where) this NEW color is in the Eagles' jerseys - they now have Charcoal as one of their colors.  BigEd mentioned (I think) that it's actually in the drop-shadow of the numbers.  Maybe the drop-shadow is actually the Charcoal, not Black.  But I'm not certain.

I didn't see that pic, but I still think it's the lightning. So does this mean the jerseys aren't gonna have black collars and sleeve stripes? That's too much plain green. I still dunno why they bothered to change, I can't stand it when a team thinks that just because they get a new stadium they have to change their uniforms *coughastroscough* :D

well STL your eyes do not decieve you, there is indeed silver (or possibly a dark gray) color before the black. those jerseys are probably cheap replicas thrown together, though.  and echoing pantone and chazberg, it does always look teal (though in some lights it looks black)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Oh yeah there is a silver trim before the black, you can see it better if you go to NFL shop. Also, I saw a screen shot from Madden 2004, and it looks as if they've changed the pants too, adding a silver stripe. It was a picture of McNabb with the green pants on, and they had a black/white/silver stripe on them. Didn't look so hot.

First of all, if you mean the pic with the kids in the Staley and Mitchell jerseys, those aren't even the new jerseys. The one has the old Reebok tag from 3 years ago. And even if they are new, they look the same, their green always looks kinda teal like that.

i think they're talking about this photo

openhouse6_030723.jpg

And you were looking at the kids? ???

To be honest guys, I think it might one of those "practice" jerseys I see at Target and on EBay.  They will all be in the team's color have the exact lettering and just the primary logo on the side.  Example for the 49ers, the jersey looks the same except no Reebok or NFL Equipment logos.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

First of all, if you mean the pic with the kids in the Staley and Mitchell jerseys, those aren't even the new jerseys. The one has the old Reebok tag from 3 years ago. And even if they are new, they look the same, their green always looks kinda teal like that.

i think they're talking about this photo

openhouse6_030723.jpg

And you were looking at the kids? ???

well, i did see silver first... :laugh:

To be honest guys, I think it might one of those "practice" jerseys I see at Target and on EBay. They will all be in the team's color have the exact lettering and just the primary logo on the side. Example for the 49ers, the jersey looks the same except no Reebok or NFL Equipment logos.

You may be right. The Rams has their logo, their numbers, but it doesn't have the shoulder stripes, if we are speaking of the same thing. It's harder to notice on jerseys without big striping like the Rams.

no, cus if these were the 'target/walmart' jerseys, they wouldn't be shiny like the reebok replicas are.  they'd be real dark regardless of the lighting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived