Soccer Concept

HatCityEnforcer

Well, I thought I'd give a club soccer team a shot for a concept....

Just one of my own creation for a club calling the T.O. home...kinda went with a crest that was reminicent of Real Madrid (the funny thing was that I was going to call the team Real Toronto first, but it just didn't flow for some reason) and went from there....

Of note, I couldn't find a font that was anywhere near the newer adidas font, so I went with the Patriots Throwback font for the numbers and a standard block font for the names...

Anyways, here it is....C&C always appreciated

toronto_fc_concept1.gif

EDIT: Revised edition below

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

i reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllly don't like gradiented stripes like that... looks tacky.

other than that, it's a nice concept. the template is great, btw :P

I think I am with Cole on the stripes. It's a great conceptual idea, and some teams have tried it, but it doesn't translate so well in the final design. I like the stripes theme - I just did a black & white kit that was largely influenced by Newcastle United - but there's something about the gradients that's not doin' it for me.

Otherwise, great set!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't mind the gradient, actually.

I find that the stripes occupy too much space to look like an Adidas stripe, but it's still looks great.

Not crazy about the sponsor for a few reasons: Don't like primary colours, Imperial Oil is moving its offices out of Toronto

Imperial moves

I really dig your crest, it reminds me of my favourite Australian Football Club:

carltonfootballclublogo4dm.jpg

Overall, I still like that concept, looks professional.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

let me just say that its a good start. Put in more time on the logo though. I think its a little too cluttered with the "TFC" all right on top of each other - they need to either intertwine better or lay on top of one another better. With the "three stripes" Id make them solid and go all the way up and down. White shorts are always a bad idea...no one has ever come up with a material where they arent see through :wacko:

White shorts are always a bad idea...no one has ever come up with a material where they arent see through

all you have to do is layer the top so theres two white layers, completley hides everything. or have the top mesh and then a backing one that is solid.

I love the Esso sponser on there. As far as I know the all Essos in the US are called Exxon. Ive only seen them in Canada

i thought esso was texaco in the usa...

I love the Esso sponser on there. As far as I know the all Essos in the US are called Exxon. Ive only seen them in Canada

i thought esso was texaco in the usa...

This will help. Exxon is not Texaco. Never was.

Standard Oil of New Jersey ( ^_^ ) was dissolved into 34 smaller oil companies after an antitrust lawsuit in US Federal Court. Jersey Standard was one of these companies (as were the companies that became Amoco, Mobil, Chevron, Arco and Conoco), which was later renamed Standard Oil of New Jersey. For short, it became S.O., or "Esso" when said aloud.

Exxon formally replaced the Esso, Enco, and Humble brands on January 1, 1973 in the USA. The name Esso, which sounds like S-O, attracted protests from other Standard Oil spinoffs because of its similarity to the name of the parent company, Standard Oil. Hence, the company was restricted from using Esso in the USA except in those states awarded to it in the 1911 Standard Oil antitrust settlement (NJ, NY, OH, CA, IA, IL, IN, MN, MO, NB, KS, LA, KY, CO all had "Esso" stations through the '70s).

In order to create a unified brand, the company changed its corporate name from Jersey Standard to Exxon, rebranding all its U.S. stations under the latter title. However, the unrestricted international use of the popular brand Esso prompted the company to continue using Esso outside of the USA. Esso is the only widely used Standard Oil brand left in existence. Other Standard Oil descendants, such as BP and Chevron, do however maintain a few stations with the Standard Oil brand in specific states in order to retain their trademarks and prevent others from using them.

SO... Esso still exists in Canada, Europe, and pretty much everywhere except the US, where we have Exxon.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, I took some of the C&C from here into account and revised the concept...

Gone are the gradient stripes off of both kits...went with a blue & white stripe combo on the home kit while keeping the road kit very simple (a la Chelsea)...

Also, the badge was changed to a more vertical approach on the stripe and the lettering was changed around so that "TFC" is a bit easier to make out....

Anyways, here's the revised concept...

toronto_fc_concept2.gif

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Really? Maybe it was just my insecurities....

The top of the line issue to the major teams usually feature an inner brief, basically a second(or first, Ugghhh!) pair of underwear. Plus players wear a pair of sliding shorts that match the shorts. Keeps PVT Snuffy from going AWOL.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BTW,

I like that you incorporated three gradiated stripes. I would reverse direction though and have them gradiate at the hem rather then the collar. The crest is pretty good, maybe just slimming up the letters will clear up the clutter a little bit, but I don't think it's really necessary.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived