.eps question

jkrdevil

I downloaded a couple of .eps logos from logotype free. When I went open them in illustrator it opened as this message where the logo would be. My question is can I open a .eps file with illustrator, if not what do I need?

an error message doesn't come up. I downloaded the Dodgers and Astros script logos (the ones on the jerseys) when I open them up I get these words were the logo would be on the artboard (if that's what is called). The words are acting as the logo, but it's not.

Edit: Message to long to post

Here, I'll download them and see if they work on my end. If they do, I'll save them as an .ai and send them to you...

Which ones did you download? There's a Los Angeles script, a Dodgers script, and a Dodgers script with the ball in the background...and which Astros script?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I had the same problem with AI 9, which is what I surmise you have.

Upgrade to AI 10, and all will be right with the world. AI 10 handles .eps files much better than AI 9 does.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The problem would appear to be that someone used a font to type the script, and didn't perform a "Create Outlines" on the font in order to make it a vector shape rather than font data. The reason it comes up as "words" is because you don't have the font they used, and it replaces it with a default font.

Remember kids, always vectorize your fonts. It keeps things like this from happening.

Archived