Southern California NHL Concepts

flamesfan89

I haven't done a hockey set for a while, so here goes:

LAKINGS.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the current jerseys they have, with the writing across the front. These are based on the jerseys they wore in the early 80's but with a different style crown.

ANAHEIMDUCKS.jpg

It looks like the Mighty Ducks will have a name change in the not-to-distant future so it makes sense that they'll just be called the ducks. Got rid of the purple because LA already has it and made a new logo with a realistic duck.

I might do a Golden Seals concept, since that was another possible name, but I can't think of a logo (If you've got any ideas you could tell me ^_^ )

C&C appreciated.

I might do a Golden Seals concept, since that was another possible name, but I can't think of a logo (If you've got any ideas you could tell me ^_^ )

here's the old golden seals logo, if you want to use it as a starting point:

cgsr.jpg

I really like what you've done with the Kings set. The only thing I would change is to put something other than the old English LA on the shoulders, although I really like it on the alternate jersey.

I like the colors you've chosen for Anaheim, but I'm not a fan of the realistic-looking duck logo.

That Ducks logo is classy.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Thanks for all the comments!

here's the old golden seals logo, if you want to use it as a starting point:

cgsr.jpg

I might use that as a starting point, although I never really thought it looked like a seal. It looks more like some kind of tropical bird to me. :D

LA: Love the primaries, don't like the silver alt.

ANAHEIM: The logo is beautiful, but it comes off as more Eddie Bauer than NHL. The colors and uniforms are great, though. My only suggestion is dump the torso number on the alts - it doesn't look right having numbers on the front of a hockey jersey. Beyond that, I would not touch a thing on these.

Nice work overall!!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here's the Seals concept. Thanks to Pollux for the great logo!

GOLDENSEALS.jpg

Nothing too fancy here, pretty classic looking set. The home and road jerseys look a little like an Oakland A's crossover, the alternate is based on what the seals wore in the early 70's. Oh yeah, I put numbers on the front because the wordmark didn't look very good alone.

Tell me what ya think.

I really like these Seals jerseys. I especially like the 3rd jersey the colors of the numbers and the contrast of the body. What font did you use for the Golden Seals script?

All in all, very nicely done.

Those would both (Kings & Ducks) be improvements...

The Kings' earlier purple and yellow striping was better than when they went to what was basically an Oilers template--but you have a variation that works.

The Ducks would make more sense in blue & green, and unless the Canucks go back that combo has been gone since the Whalers ended--I like it...

The Seals--well I'm not a fan of the colours on the alt-I like the 1st & second colour ssets they had--those look like the 3rd set - But that's just the colours...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think they are all awesome... I especially like the kings jerseys. The only thing I dont like is your anaheim logo. It's too detailed and looks a bit too much like a wildlife organization logo. It would be better if it were a bit more simplified. The jerseys are great though.

good job

Archived