Canucks "V" jersey with new colors

dustyb58

Meh. They don't do anything for me.

Since the old "V" was more or less the logo, it went all the way almost to the waist on the front. And part of what made it so memorable were the Hallowe'en colors. So loud, so offensive to the eye... but yet you can't turn away. Basic red/white/blue doesn't qork quite as effectively. And in Canada, those colors in those shades belong to the Canadiens; the Canucks use a darker red and navy blue, as well as silver.

Also, by coloring in the shoulders on your design, the "V" doesn't stand out as much toward the top of the jerseys. Looking at these from the front, the design reminds me more of a fighter plane coming at me than just a "V".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great concepts. Skate & V . . . I would buy any one of these in a second. I understand the team has/will have new ownership. Perhaps they'll look to change that terrible whale logo (based on the corporate parent and definitely trying to leverage the success of the sharks).

Nice job to all who created these.

Jayzcat

Meh.  They don't do anything for me.

Since the old "V" was more or less the logo, it went all the way almost to the waist on the front.  .... And in Canada, those colors in those shades belong to the Canadiens; the Canucks use a darker red and navy blue, as well as silver.

Also, by coloring in the shoulders on your design, the "V" doesn't stand out as much toward the top of the jerseys.  Looking at these from the front, the design reminds me more of a fighter plane coming at me than just a "V".

You're nuts. First of all, Canada does not "own" any colors. That's hilarious.

Secondly, the V did not come down to the waist:

nucks.jpg

I colored the shoulders the same way they were, it's blue where they were black on the old jersey.

SIG.png

Meh.  They don't do anything for me.

Since the old "V" was more or less the logo, it went all the way almost to the waist on the front.  .... And in Canada, those colors in those shades belong to the Canadiens; the Canucks use a darker red and navy blue, as well as silver.

Also, by coloring in the shoulders on your design, the "V" doesn't stand out as much toward the top of the jerseys.  Looking at these from the front, the design reminds me more of a fighter plane coming at me than just a "V".

You're nuts. First of all, Canada does not "own" any colors. That's hilarious.

Secondly, the V did not come down to the waist:

nucks.jpg

I colored the shoulders the same way they were, it's blue where they were black on the old jersey.

he didn't say Canada owned any colours, he said "In Canada, those colours belong to the Canadiens" when he said Canadiens he meant the Montreal Canadiens

iGLssSH.png

Sorry--but that V jersey was one of the most hideous things I have ever seen--why bring it back?

I still appreciate the effort and all, but I don't get why people like that design...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There's just something about that jersey that I think is outstanding . . . wish I had bought one at the time but I was only a kid. I would love to see it come back in the new colors . . . unfortunately like most concepts on this sites . . . they're better than what the team uses and probably will never change.

Sorry--but that V jersey was one of the most hideous things I have ever seen--why bring it back?

I still appreciate the effort and all, but I don't get why people like that design...

It'd be nice to see it for one of those "One Night Stand" things, but other than that, HELL NO, don't bring that back. They would get laughed out of the arena like they were in the late 70s/early 80s.

Archived