Baltimore Orioles Concept

HatCityEnforcer

Thought I'd give this a shot here....

Basically, I kind of went with the late 60s-early 70s look for the O's and updated a few things accordingly...personally I think this would be a nice look for the team...

Anyways, here it is....

EDIT: New primary logo added

orioles_concept1.gif

orioles_concept2.gif

C&C appreciated and welcomed! :D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Your concepts are always quite impressive. In this one, you use something I wish more teams would revive -- single-color names.

They're so much more readable. When teams go overboard with one-, or even two-, color piping in the name, the letters smush into each other and get quite 'blurry,' especially from a distance.

This one is so effectively simple. Good job.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The primarily logo is too loaded. I didn't like it.

The BP jersey is BEAU-TI-FUL...!!!

Good work overall.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Incredible! I love the logos, although I agree the primary may be a bit busy. The jerseys are really impressive as well. I'm not a big fan of stirrups, but that's just me...I'm a high sock kinda guy.

I'm not going to beat the dead horse about the primary, I think the people have spoken.

I'll say this: The O's have some of the most striking uniforms in MLB. The colors, the script, the logo. Accordingly, people always try to improve a "new classic". My friend, you've outdone them all - these are spectacular! :shocked:

Right down to "Baltimore" on the road jersey (give up, Angelos... your market is Baltimore) and the stripes on the stockings (and for those who don't like stirrups, make long socks with stripes, and solve the issue... just show some color on your calves!) and the minimal arching on the last names.

My only beef is the two alternates. The idea of an alternate is something to wear occasionally, home or away. Having two gets excessive. I'd take those orange jerseys (no one wears orange alts in MLB, the Mets have orange BPs, or used to at least) as a 3rd jersey and leave it at that.

Nice work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived