Proposed new NHL Logo

ironcity

Hey all,

Been lurking here for a couple of days now. Great site and great ideas. With the return of the NHL imminent at this point, I thoughtt I'd take a crack at updating the leaque's logo. Still wanted to keep the traditional shield element, but wanted to streamline the overall look. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

nhl_logo_newcopy.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good start. I read one article about it that there's going to be some silver in it as well as some visual representation that it's the logo of a hockey league (stick? puck?). Letters on shield isn't enough.

But I'm with you in hopes they keep some essence of the shield.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

In an article on espn it said the new logo would be a subtle update of the current one. That means there will be the sheild. The will probably be a more aggressive font and probably a hockey stick under NHL like this concept. However the letters would be on the shield and diagonal still.

Here's my take, but I really liked yours. Very Original.

** Image removed because BringBackTheVet has made it his new mission to make me feel guilty for posting an image. Please tell me what to do next sir. I am sorry for committing sin **

Here's the article I was talking about.

The campaign, which will also include a subtly redesigned NHL logo, will likely begin in earnest sometime in August building toward the start of the 2005-06 season. That's assuming, as most hockey observers have, that a deal is completed sometime early in July.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2092096&num=0

Here's my take, but I really liked yours. Very Original.

%7Boption%7D

Can you say hijack?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can anyone create an NHL logo similar to the NBA's? One special request, maybe it can have a shadow of both a player and an owner on their knees begging fans to come back.

"NHL: We're So Very Sorry" :hockeysmiley:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Can anyone create an NHL logo similar to the NBA's? One special request, maybe it can have a shadow of both a player and an owner on their knees begging fans to come back.

"NHL: We're So Very Sorry" 

that would be hilarious.

What about an NBA-like logo using the following outline?

The NHLPA logo is sort of like that.

nhlpa.gif

As for IronCity's logo,

maybe pick one color for the shield instead of the gradient, and choose a slightly more unique font (nothing too wild, you don't want it to dominate.) Also, I like your idea of using the shield as the background, but I'm thinking it could look better if it was more symmetrical(sp), with the shield centered behind the NHL. I could be wrong, but sports logos tend to be symetrical shapes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To frickin bad don't like it don't read it, idiot.

nevermind i thought you were talking about the nhlpa one....if not no problem but come on you add like 5 to every thing you type. and how am i not supposed to read it? its in the middle of the thread. try thinking out what your saying first before you fire off with insults.

Archived