LA CLIPS CONCEPT

cyandlux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice, but it needs a little work.

There's some perspective problems, as well as proportion problems. It almost looks as if the sides of the ship are as tall as the sails.

My recommendation would be to get a variety of reference pictures, and piece together from those what you want your ship to look like. You don't have to pay too much attention to the details on the ships in the images, but do pay attention to the lines, the flow, the proportions, and perspective.

I think the basketball's too obscured in the background to be worthwhile.

Also, the style is somewhat fragmented. For example, at times you have blue bordering white (especially in the sails), while other areas the blue is very strictly bordered by red. Try to find a united style that makes it look like the same person drew the whole logo as opposed to it having been pieced together from different sources.

My last critique, and this is somewhat subjective, is eliminate the "LAC" logo. It doesn't fit the identity at all, with it's serifed look. I'd suggest putting together a solid idea for a primary, like the one you're building here, and then basing an alternate logo off that.

You've done some good work here. Stick with it, and it'll continue to improve, as will your skills!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Just a thought, as SyPhi's post got me thinking. If the ship is on the water, why not make the basketball a sun or a moon. I don't mean make it like the Dolphins logo, but just take away the basketball lines and keep the circle. The circle element is nice in my opinion, but you can't fully see the basketball, so keep the good part.

The "LAC" was actually something that jumped right out at me before I read any posts. I don't like it now, and if your gonna do an upgrade, you HAVE to just kill that "logo". I see how its made from the Clippers wordmark, but its just so....boring? It looks like almost no thought went into it when they made it.

Ok, theres my vent on the logo that isn't yours.

All in all, good job, a big improvement on what they have now,

Archived