Charlotte Grays MLB concept

dgnmrwrw

Personally, I like the entire effort, both the originals and the tweaks. It looks like you are trying to put a lot of thought into the logo and trying to pay attention to detain without getting "bogged down" with too much clutter.

One thing you might try is an interlocking "CG"logo where the top of the G interlocks with the bottom of the C. It would allow you to use the script, and also I think n oone else uses the "CG" as a designation, so that would give you the "indentify-ability" factor.

The fox is cool too, but maybe needs to be on a gold baseball diamond instead of grey since the fox is grey.

And maybe pull the tips of the ears in ever so slightly. For some reason, I get a bit of the rams horns look with the ears - kinda sinister (but maybe you were going for that....).

Everything is super! Extremely well done! :DB):P:rolleyes:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

That "G" is really, I mean really, nice, so take this idea with a grain of salt. Could you possibly make the loopy decender part of the G a different color or separate it with an outline?. That that would leave the rest of the letter forming the the shape of a script C and thus you would have both the C and G in one shape. Again, it may not work, but I just can't help seeing a cursive C sitting in that G...

LT

One thing you might try is an interlocking "CG"logo where the top of the G interlocks with the bottom of the C. It would allow you to use the script, and also I think n oone else uses the "CG" as a designation, so that would give you the "indentify-ability" factor.

I'd leave the "C" and follow the orthodoxy of most baseball teams. The cap logo, if it is a monogram, generally represents the city/state, not the team's nickname. The Rockies tried combining the state and nickname, and I guess it has become accepted because the Rockies never tried anything different. But I don't like the idea for them, or for this concept. The "G" is fine for BP caps.

Couldn't you create a custom font, and have the "G" be included as is? Or with minimal changes?

My only suggestion is to elongate the lower loop of the "y" in "Grays", so that the tail passes through the loop. The loop looks too small as is now and looks even smaller given the thick tail that passes behind it. And the idea of making the lettering tail a foxtail is awesome, and could be done in a very stylized way that would look sharp and add some color ot the fronts of the home jerseys.

And to settle the debate once and for all about how to spell the team name, I am quoting a Brit from another web thread:

"GRAY is a color ; GREY is a colour."

We Americans had to be different, and changed the spelling of the English word accordingly. Since the team would be in Charlotte, the American variant - "GRAYS" - would be more proper.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ok, notice a few small changes to the uniform. Some striping tweaks, and a new sleeve patch. But mostly the edited "C" cap. Now it looks less like an E, but it's still not as interesting as the G. But I totally agree with VitaminD that using the city initial is more appropriate than the nickname initial.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived