Michigan-Ohio State Sig

Gary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How bout some Army/Navy love?  ^_^

Amen. That is THE rivalry in all of sports. Period.

Nah. It doesn't mean too much anymore.

Doesn't mean too much anymore?

Tell that to the players. Maybe not for the standing or anything, but it means so much more. Come on man!

Alabama v. Auburn... no doubt

Doesn't hold a candle to UM-OSU. It's a good game, up there with UT-OU, and FSU-UF, but The Game is The Game for a reason. BigTen title, pretty much every year.

I'm sorry, but the Michigan/Ohio State game is very overrated. Most people west of the Mississippi really don't give a :censored: about that game unless they are;

1. a Michigan alumn; 2. an Ohio State alumn; or 3. Have Rose Bowl tickets.

6uXNWAo.png

Alabama v. Auburn... no doubt

Doesn't hold a candle to UM-OSU. It's a good game, up there with UT-OU, and FSU-UF, but The Game is The Game for a reason. BigTen title, pretty much every year.

I'm sorry, but the Michigan/Ohio State game is very overrated. Most people west of the Mississippi really don't give a :censored: about that game unless they are;

1. a Michigan alumn; 2. an Ohio State alumn; or 3. Have Rose Bowl tickets.

Actually, this brings up a good point.

No rivalry anywhere (unless its like USA vs. someone) is loved by everyone. Only Michigan/Ohio State fans love the rivalry. Army/Navy is the same way. Michigan St/Michigan, etc. Everything. Red Sox/Yankees, Giants/Dodgers.

it seems like an impartial observer is needed :P

everyone else is too bogged down in their own local rivalries to make an honest statement. i'd like to help out. im from southern ontario, and have few if any alliegences to any american university (maby i'll root for 'cuse now and then).

from my brief stay in the states i found myself watching alot of ncaa football. i never watched it before, and i dont watch it now that im back in kitcherner. when i first started watching it i got hoocked. probablly because it was new to me. anyway, like i said i have no favorite team one way or an other, so here is my opinion on the biggest college rivalry: michigan vs ohio state takes the cake. i was in tampa and everyone i knew who was a ncaa football fan was excited about that game. no one carred about the "apple cup" or army/navy. one or two people cared about auburn/alabama. the two rivalry down there that people cared more about then um/osu was fsu/uf and fsu/miami. those were just their versions of the apple cup. the fact that floridians cared about the um/osu game proved to me that it is the ultimate ncaa rivalry.

oh, and whoever said army/navy was THE ultimate sports rivalry, sorry that title goes to leafs/habs :P

I never understood the concept of these things? It seems like a huge hassel everyday to update the banner, save it, upload it to Photobucket or whatever, and then put it into ur profile.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Michigan-OSU game was voted on ESPN biggest rivalry in all sports. Think about it. It's the biggest college football rivalry, period. If you like college football, you watch it. You like it. You go out of your way to make sure you see it. I'm a diehard, so I watch everything, but the big rivalries mean something.

spikes.jpg

The Michigan-OSU game was voted on ESPN biggest rivalry in all sports. Think about it. It's the biggest college football rivalry, period. If you like college football, you watch it. You like it. You go out of your way to make sure you see it. I'm a diehard, so I watch everything, but the big rivalries mean something.

First off, it is not the biggest rivalry in college football. That would be Army/Navy. Maybe Michigan/Ohie State is the "best rivalry game" because the teams almost always have winning records and usually wind up battling it out for a trip to the Rose Bowl, but Army/Navy is a hell of a lot more passionate. I would even say Texas/Texas A&M is a bigger rivalry as far as bad blood between the schools goes.

I'm also sure that poll you spoke of was held sometime in November, because If it was held in February it'd be Duke/UNC, or done over the summer it'd be Yankees/Red Sox. I'm sorry, but it is NOT the best rivalry in all of sports, let alone college football. I'm sure you if you ran a poll on CCSLC of the best rivalries in sports, Michigan/Ohio State wouldn't finish in the top five.

6uXNWAo.png

The Michigan-OSU game was voted on ESPN biggest rivalry in all sports.

ESPN was on crack at the time when they voted as well.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I would even say Texas/Texas A&M is a bigger rivalry as far as bad blood between the schools goes.

No, Texas/OU has much more hatred and intensity to it depsite the 'Horns recent struggles.

Actually, The Game in College Football (Capital T, Capital G) is Harvard-Yale. Has been since 1875. Don't get me wrong, OSU/UM is a big game and both schools have had historical and recent success and national reputations. And on the national level, people don't find Harvard/Yale relevant any more than they follow Army/Navy (which is sad). But theirs is The Game.

This is a debate that will never be solved. Anyone who feels strongly enough will find a source that states THEIR rivalry is the best, be it UM/OSU, UF/FSU, Auburn/'Bama, Army/Navy (my personal fave, but I grew up in Philadelphia), Texas/OU, CU/Nebraska. Hell, I get geeked up when 2-8 UNC tramples 1-9 Duke every November (2003 NEVER HAPPENED...), but it matters more to me because of where I went to school. Of course, come February, I stand up and say that UNC/Duke is the best game in hoops, so I understand where it comes from.

My point is that there is only one game that calls itself "The Game", and Michigan doesn't play in it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I personally feel the Auburn/Alabama rivalry is more important for a couple of reasons.

Almost (I would honestly say like 90%) of all the residents in the state of Alabama pull for either Alabama or Auburn. Even if you go to another school like UAB or Troy you still pull for UA or AU.

Now for Michigan and OSU I don't think that 90% of the people in state pull for either UM or OSU passionately. I'm sure there are enough MSU, Bowling Green, Directional Michigan fans who just don't care either way.

High Schools, K-9s and most other outlets in the state have an Auburn/Alabama day during the year where people show who they really for. This even extends as far as the Montgomery Biscuts save on of their home games as an AU/UA fan game.

It just means more to the people of the state.

Another reason. It took a resolution from the State in order for the two schools to play each other. The rivalry didn't exist for a number of years because the two teams couldn't even agree on a per diem. I've heard arguments from as little as $14 to as large as $400 that have listed as the reason for the dispute.

At least OSU/UM was played at the respective schools. For AU/UA they had to play at Birmingham (much to the displeasure of Auburn fans) just because of the sheer hate.

The two schools actually, honestly, despise each other. So much so that both schools have to have what is called a "Better Relations Day"

BRD

You can check it out there.

The Auburn/Alabama game is history like "Punt Bama Punt" and the "Bo over the Top".

While it might be true that OSU/Michigan has meant more to the Big Ten because it usually determines the Big Ten championship, I don't feel that makes a great rivalry.

Fresno St./Boise St. is usually the game that determines the WAC championship. Does that make it a great rivalry? No not really. It just speaks to the dominance of the two teams in their own conference.

If you really want to know about a rivalry that just brings hatred and passion out it in iits fans then come down to Auburn or Tuscaloosa.

Or better yet, call Bill Curry (former Bama coach) and Doug Barfield (former AU coach) and ask them why they lost their job. Honestly, it was cause they couldn't beat Auburn or Alabama.

Well as long as we're talking about rivalries, I think the biggest has to be Pakistan v. India in cricket.

Or whatever sport the two of them are playing at the time. :P

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

High Schools, K-9s and most other outlets in the state have an Auburn/Alabama day during the year where people show who they really for. This even extends as far as the Montgomery Biscuts save on of their home games as an AU/UA fan game.

I know a lot of schools here do that for the MSU/UofM game. You really couldn't do that with a game that has an out of state team (aka Ohio State) because everyone would just root for the home team. But in my case if the fate of mankind rested on Michigan winning any game, I'd root for eternal damnation.

GO MSU!

I am a college football nut. I don't watch the Michigan/ OSU game.

I could care less about the Big 11 confrence to tell the truth.

I lost all respect for the confrence when Michigan got "slapped on the wrist" for their NCAA infractions during the Fab Four era. Alabama nearly got the death penalty for the same crap. But, I don't wanna go there...

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived