Quebec hockey concept

LTuRK

Here a concept of a logo for a team in Quebec. I took as a starting point the patriots of 1837-38 who faced the English army for the independence of Canada in a short rebellion. I used the logo of the New England Patriots for the face, because I find very hard to draw faces, as much with the hand that on the computer. The green and red color are the color of the rebels flag. I used Illustrator, which I start to handle. Sorry for my bad english... C & C please.

pats.gif

Have a nice day!

Here a concept of a logo for a team in Quebec. I took as a starting point the patriots of 1837-38 who faced the English army for the independence of Canada in a short rebellion. I used the logo of the New England Patriots for the face, because I find very hard to draw faces, as much with the hand that on the computer. The green and red color are the color of the rebels flag. I used Illustrator, which I start to handle. Sorry for my bad english... C & C please.

pats.gif

Have a nice day!

just a point of info, the 1837-38 rebellion wasn't a rebellion for canadian independence, it was a rebellion for the independence for QUEBEC. the logo here is based on one of the rebellion's flags:

ca}mlnq.gif

this flag is also flown as a pro-sepratist flag, and has become a symbol of the quebec independence movement. because of that, i cant say i like this logo. its a solid desighn, and would look even better if some of the new england simularities were removed from the face. i just dont think that it would be a wise logo for a team in quebec to support, with the pro-sepratist/pro-federal situation being far from resolved. just my feelings however.

here is a page with information on the "quebec/patriote" figure. just scroll down until you see the flag i posted above.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ca-qc}.html

You know, the old Quebec Aces of the AHL (1959-69) used red, black and green as their colors. Do you know if that choice had any connection with the Quebec revolution?

After what you've just shown us I can see where their might have been a tie-in with the As de Quebec. Those old Aces unforms were one of my favorite AHL styles, right down to the green knees on their white socks!

:therock:

You know, the old Quebec Aces of the AHL (1959-69) used red, black and green as their colors. Do you know if that choice had any connection with the Quebec revolution?

After what you've just shown us I can see where their might have been a tie-in with the As de Quebec. Those old Aces unforms were one of my favorite AHL styles, right down to the green knees on their white socks!

:therock:

its not the colours that bug me, its the choice of imagry.

Archived