Milwaukee Brewers Concept

LMU

it has nothing to do with beer making.

Not that I'm particularly a fan of the ball-and-glove either, but what does an interlocked NY have to do with being a "yankee"?

Or a D with being a Tiger?

Using a font is different than using a design intended to include sublimated letters or symbols.

I think what it boils down to for me is that the ball & glove is a dated 70s design. Design wise, either you like the 70s or you don't. For the most part, I don't. The B&G gets points for being clever. However, attempts on this board at updating the logo by changing colors doesn't make it less of a dated logo. Frankly, regardless of on-the-field performance, the current scheme fits the franchise the best.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Using a font is different than using a design intended to include sublimated letters or symbols.

I think what it boils down to for me is that the ball & glove is a dated 70s design. Design wise, either you like the 70s or you don't. For the most part, I don't. The B&G gets points for being clever. However, attempts on this board at updating the logo by changing colors doesn't make it less of a dated logo. Frankly, regardless of on-the-field performance, the current scheme fits the franchise the best.

Would you like to be added to my list? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I think what it boils down to for me is that the ball & glove is a dated 70s design.  Design wise, either you like the 70s or you don't.  For the most part, I don't.  The B&G gets points for being clever.  However, attempts on this board at updating the logo by changing colors doesn't make it less of a dated logo.  Frankly, regardless of on-the-field performance, the current scheme fits the franchise the best.

Would you like to be added to my list? :D

I would be honored. :D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

it has nothing to do with beer making.

Not that I'm particularly a fan of the ball-and-glove either, but what does an interlocked NY have to do with being a "yankee"?

Or a D with being a Tiger?

the yankess "NY" and tigers "D" are traditional logos that have been around for generations with little or no change. the ball and glove was a product of the 70's, and didnt even stand up to the test of time. if the brewers had never gotten rid of it in 1994 then i dont think i would have a problem with it. however they did change, and after a so-so look, they found an identity (the current one) that fits the name better then the ball and glove ever did.

comparing the ball in glove to the "NY" and "D" isnt a fair comparison. the "NY" and "D" have a history that the ball and glove will never have.

Thanks for the c&c. I posted a variation below the original that uses standard block font with dropshadow. Any better?

It's a step in the right direction, but somehow block varsity seems almost too plain. Very few teams I can think of offhand use a unique font for their numbers, the ditch it to blend back in with the crowd. (If I really think about this, I might come up with a team, but I am guessing there aren't many - the late '70s Mariners had unique rounded numbers and now wear block, but their alts have a sweet unique font that is dreadfully underutilized at present.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Y'know, it looks allright with standard block, though I think they can fit something better that goes with the wordmark.

If I may derail to talk about numbers a little, the 70s M's rounded numbers were solid and they shouldn't have gotten rid of them when they went to Trident-M full time. Bad Call. However, I still think their current numbers wreak of "Diamondbacks," especially because of the departed Bob Melvin, and I think a few of those numbers have serious balance issues, most notably the 3... which, ironically enough, was Melvin's number during his time here.

Ok, I'll stop talking about my team now.

Really, the Pilots never should have left. Then we'd be talking about whether to reinstate the scrambled eggs or the Red Sox font on the home set. :P DEATH TO THE STEERING WHEEL LOGO! :D *ahem*

I'm from Seattle. Did you notice?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived