'06 MLB All-Star Game logo unveiling

Blackjack76

Interesting, Pittsburgh's logo isn't even unveiled yet, while the San Francisco one was hanging on a banner at SBC park when I was there in March.

VmWIn6B.png

Interesting, Pittsburgh's logo isn't even unveiled yet, while the San Francisco one was hanging on a banner at SBC park when I was there in March.

Pittsburgh couldn't afford to pony up their half of the design expense. :D

j/k!

Here is the sneak preview. :blink:

06ASG.gif

so all it is is a rehash of the 94 PIT logo? :( what a disappointment.

Man Im pretty sure that isnt the real one!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I hope they use the same font the Pirates do like they did this year with Detriot, I think Detriot has the best All-Star logo ever, I hope the Pirates can top that.

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Wait dude you've seen the 2007 ASG logo for San Fran? Do you have any pics or could you describe it? Are you sure it was the official logo or just something announcing they were gonna have it, cause I thought they didn't unveil the logo til after that years game... :wacko:

Wait dude you've seen the 2007 ASG logo for San Fran? Do you have any pics or could you describe it? Are you sure it was the official logo or just something announcing they were gonna have it, cause I thought they didn't unveil the logo til after that years game... :wacko:

I found some photos of it from the press conference:

SFallstar1.png

SFallstar2.png

VmWIn6B.png

The 2006 definitely looks photoshopped to me. The kerning is way off.

I was just having some fun. That is NOT the real logo.

06asg94.gif

Is the ASG going to be in National League cities two years in a row? (PGBH in '06 and SF in '07)?

On the SF ASG logo, did they put Alcatraz on it since they put the Golden Gate Bridge? :P

I'm pretty sure the logo you saw at the San Francisco press conference won't be the actual one used for the event. After all, it doesn't include the MLB logo. Also, the Pirates have been using a working script logo since last year to promote the '06 game. It features the Pirates logo next to the words "Home of the 2006 All-Star Game" on a yellow background. Letters are black in the Pirates font with the numerals in white.

I can confirm that the logo seen will NOT be the 2007 ASG logo. In fact, it's likely to not even look anything like that.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived