brochure for manufacturing company

fiasco!

this, i had no direction for, except to use the logo i created for the client, their text, and some photos from the jump drive they handed me.

it's an 8.5x11 full bleed, folded to 8.5x5.5 right down the center of the watermarked logo. the brochure is basically telling prospective clients what the company is all about.

mlrpres.gif

this one is still in the proofing stage, so any serious comments would be helpful.

:notworthy::notworthy: OMG Taht totaly ROXORZ!! the big one!!!111

Okay, while it's not quite that good, you've done a really nice job with this. The curved shapes really add some flair to a logo with less-than-dynamic subject matter. A very integrated, united theme to the whole thing.

The only thing I might look at adjusting is the placement of the photos within the brochure. It looks very cut-and-dried... considering the fairly vibrant prominence of the shapes on the side, it looks somewhat pasted in at the last moment.

One thing about the logo... the irregularity of the circle in the background really throws me. My mind wants it to be a perfect circle, but my eyes won't let it go. It steals some of the strength of the focal point. I'm guessing this was intentional... what was the thinking behind it?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

One thing about the logo... the irregularity of the circle in the background really throws me. My mind wants it to be a perfect circle, but my eyes won't let it go. It steals some of the strength of the focal point. I'm guessing this was intentional... what was the thinking behind it?

merely the client saying "looks great, but could you throw a circle behind it....thanks."

merely the client saying "looks great, but could you throw a circle behind it....thanks."

That's a heck of an optical illusion... I could've sworn that the circle was irregular, took a quick import into Paint and trace to confirm that it is in fact a perfect circle.

I'd have worked a cowbell in there somehow, but otherwise, it looks good.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think you did a good job of making pieces of the logo the main theme of the brochure, it's difficult to pull off but I think you did it here. I keep feeling like the page is being turned with the red shapes on the side.

I'll echo SyPhi's circle statements, that is one heck of an unintentional optical illusion -- it would bother me if it were my company, but if they're happy then that's all that matters.

I will also echo his photo placement comments, I'm not sure what you could do to fix this but I think the square/box look to the photos clashes with the large curves on the sides of the pages, kinda two different themes in such a small space.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The one photo you might want to reposition is the one beside the SERVICES heading. The SERVICES heading just seems out of place compared with the other headings. You can try to 1) Move the photo so that SERVICES heading moves to the left or 2) move the headings on the right page to the right side to match the postitioning of the ones on the left.

Also, I think the shape of the right panels look to resemble one half of the curved diamond logo

I saw, I came, I left.

quad, you are right about the shapes looking like the logo...that's exactly what i was going for.

i felt the logo, while lacking in quality (even though i created the POS), lends itself well as a design element in the brochure....therefore, making the whole package better looking.

after a couple more calls and meetings with the client, here's the final version. thanks for the comments.

mlrbrochure.gif

Archived