Magic new jerseys now out

DEAD!

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give 'em a 6. I don't like that they dropped their font, but at least these don't appear to have those shimmery stars all over the unis. The first thing I thought about when I saw the shimmery stars were cheap peewee soccer uniforms...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

now that i've seen the homes, i am officially going to see if there are any magic jerseys on sale.  these new ones are a disappointment.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have to disagree about the stars and such--they made the jerseys unique, but weren't overbearing.

These are just practice jerseys, basically.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I Like 'em. Very nice.

Do i think they should have changed? No, i loved their previous jerseys, but:

1) They didn't change to something hideous

2) These are some sharp, beautiful looking jerseys

Good Job Magic....

EDIT: Just found a great quote from the USA Today article:

"We kept it very clean, very simple," said Chris D'Orso, the Magic's vice president of marketing. "This is a design that won't go out of style."

Exactly.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sadly, because of the terrible products being designed lately, you do actually have to cheer that they didnt botch it, which is inherently sad.

I actually like these a lot better, the stars and pinstripes jersey, as pointed out, were a lot like kiddy soccer unis.  Way too disney, and just cuz they are in orlando doesnt mean  you have to get hokey.  I like they use the blue in the white wordmark, very nice.

These are pretty good, esp cuz orlando is on the roads.

Here's my take ...

Orlando took the Bulls' uniforms, replaced red with blue, but a star on the neckline, and left out the pentagonal pattern on the sides of the shorts.  The result: something easily reproducable, that looks more like a classic basketball uniform.  The problem is, no one is going to confuse the Orlando Magic with a classic franchise with a storied history.  They're definitely plainer than the first two versions of the Orlando uniform.

I know a lot of times, people will throw out the 'ol "they changed the uniforms so they could make more money in merchandise sales."  Fans don't want to be caught in the old gear, and they want to wear what McGrady's wearing, so now they have to go out and buy another T-Mac jersey.  Orlando changing uniforms is probably a perfect example of such thinking.  They didn't NEED to change ... they probably just had to ditch the subtle star pattern on version 2.  They could have kept the arched "Magic" script from the logo on the home; there wasn't a need to replace it with a block arched "Magic" type.  But hey, they wanted to simplify the look, so more power to them.

I like them.  I liked their last set too.  So why did they need to change?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I liked their old unis better but the new ones aren't too bad.  I think they should have stuck with the old script cause it made the magic seem like magic.  They didn't use a roman numeral for  the 15th anniversary patch now that is original.  :;):

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

it was the NBA the ask if they would change in the furture because they didn't like the old blue one with the stars in the jersey. that is why they didn't approve the rockets jerseys because it was like a TATC jeysey. The NBA want a simple look for the next few years

In a word: boring. In another word: awful. Still another word: unnecessary.

Brian in Boston

yet another word: retard

If you have a reason you don't like it, state why you don't like it. Don't be a dick.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

In a word: boring. In another word: awful. Still another word: unnecessary.

Brian in Boston

yet another word: retard

If you have a reason you don't like it, state why you don't like it. Don't be a dick.

He can't be a dick, his name is Brian  :D Seriously with the content in most of the messages Brian has made, I guess that comment had to be a disapointment. ???

Personally I like the road jerseys because it's simple and it read Orlando. I just wished they kept the style they had, with the stars though. I'm disappointed they messed with the home jersey. The home jersey had good nameplate and number fonts and the magic logo in the front.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived