Rose City FC

gordie_delini

This is a soccer concept for a team in Portland, OR using Nike's new total 90 design as used with such teams as Arsenal, Celtic, Barcelona, Manchester United, and Juventus. On my computer in Illustrator, the red is much brighter and more of a true scarlet red, as it is intended to be. C&C otherwise appreciated and encouraged.

RCFC.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

That is really sharp. I really like the crest. Good color choices, and rather simple. Nice choice of font, too.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Very nicely done Gordie!!! I like 'em :D

Kansas-BB-banner.pngΒ My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021Β  Β  Β  Β  Β St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)Β Β 2023 ChampionsΒ  Β  Β Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I know its Portland but Roses need to stay out of sports. Timbers FC would be good

So....what they have now is ok? ...is that what youre saying? Im not sure which way youre going with that comment.

Timbers is the old NASL team name they reserrected a few years back....dont know if MLS could have another flashback team like the Earthquakes, I think theyre trying to go traditional - more in line with Europe.

I know its Portland but Roses need to stay out of sports. Timbers FC would be good

blackburn rovers > you

bburn.png

awesome awesome concept. that crest is outstanding. i'd wear that home shirt in a second.

Rose Garden...

Rose Bowl...

(Pete Rose... :lol: )

The rose is the national flower of England.

Portland is the Rose City.

If ever there was a time to do something like this, Rose City FC would be it. It says soccer, in a very fitting way. I like the idea... and I love the concept. Add me to those asking to see the rest of the package - numbers and letters.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i hate to disappoint those of you asking for numbers and lettering for this package, but i have to keep this traditional. in this case, whatever league Rose City FC would participate in (most likely MLS) would have a standard set of letters and numbers for uniforms. here are a few pictures of the MLS font and numbers that most likely would accompany these kits.

500_1001705.jpg

500_1002510.jpg

so it would be this font, on the home jersey with black numbers/letters outlined in white, as well as on the away jersey. the third jersey would have white numbers outlined in black.

OD_Signature.jpg

So....what they have now is ok? ...is that what youre saying? Im not sure which way youre going with that comment.

Timbers is the old NASL team name they reserrected a few years back....dont know if MLS could have another flashback team like the Earthquakes, I think theyre trying to go traditional - more in line with Europe.

They currently have the Portland Timbers in the USL. Changing them to Timbers FC would not only make them more European but keep the tradition of the name Timbers in Portland

Signature intentionally left blank

Blah blah more European blah blah...

Actually, the Timbers' current logo is really nice, though it seems like they use it and the old, bad NASL logo pretty interchangably. (They also basically wear the same exact jerseys, home and away, as Seattle, their biggest rivals. Thusly, that sucks for both of them. But both teams suck anyway. ;) )

Oh, yeah, and I think this concept is incredibly nice. I'm a bit bored that it uses a Nike template, but you know what I think about the practice of five hundred teams wearing the same template. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a soccer concept for a team in Portland, OR using Nike's new total 90 design as used with such teams as Arsenal, Celtic, Barcelona, Manchester United, and Juventus. On my computer in Illustrator, the red is much brighter and more of a true scarlet red, as it is intended to be. C&C otherwise appreciated and encouraged.

RCFC.gif

I love it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M |Β RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors |Β USA: Front Range United |Β IFA: Toverit Helsinki |Β FOBL:Β Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National ChampionsΒ 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finalsΒ 2012, 2013, 2014Β Big 4 Conference Champions

Β 

(They also basically wear the same exact jerseys, home and away, as Seattle, their biggest rivals.Β  Thusly, that sucks for both of them.Β  But both teams suck anyway. ;) )

We don't suck, we just tie a lot. :D

To the concept: I like it but the REI sponsorship doesn't fit, imo. Based in Kent, Washington, outside of Seattle, it certainly has a NW connection but Colorado has twice as many stores as Oregon and I certainly wouldn't put REI on a Denver soccer concept. Just rambling, though.

The rose in the crest should be Red.

As for whether or not Major League Soccer would be willing to allow a Portland, Oregon-based expansion team to adopt Timbers as part of its identity package, I'd be willing to bet that they would. I just don't see MLS turning its back on the Timbers' fourteen seasons of history (to date).

Archived