Todd mcfarlane to design 3 new phoenix coyotes jer

MrHockey9

New logo, uniforms in the works

Bob McManaman

The Arizona Republic

Jan. 5, 2003 12:00 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - It's all a hush, hush, James Bond kind of stuff, secret plan at the moment. But sources in the Coyotes organization have confirmed that the team will unveil a new logo, complete with at least three, redesigned sets of jerseys and accompanying color schemes for next season.

"We want to make a big splash when we get into the new building (in Glendale next December), so we're changing it all," one source said. "I think the fans are really going to love the new look."

No details are available yet, but the Coyotes may decide to give the public a sneak peek at the new uniforms this season. It isn't known when they will be available in Valley stores.

The team has had the same logo and uniform design since its inaugural season in the Valley in 1996-97 and introduced a third jersey four years ago.

Glendale Coyotes here we come!  Everyone keep your eyes open on USPTO, recent names registered as Glendale Coyotes up there, with past names registered as Arizona Coyotes.

Let's be the first to find these logos and jerseys, again!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Arizona Coyotes sounds a lot better than Glendale.  I wonder what Mr. McFarlane will come up.  I just hope the unis are good.  But I will miss Pablo Picasso's coyote though

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

i like the coyote head logo. but i will be happy to see McFarlane do the design. he did such a great design for the Oilers. Glendale Coyotes is a pretty rediculous name. thats akin to the East Rutherford Jets and Landover Redskins. Arizona is a much better name.

YAY :)  :)  :) 50 POSTS!!!

Azzuri.gif

At first i didn't like the Southwest Coyote design, but it has grown on me, and i will miss 'em.

I hope Todd comes up with something a little better than his Oilers 3rd....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As a Coyotes fan, I have mixed thoughts on this.  I think just going to the head logo would have been a good change.  I never really liked the full coyote, but logos aside, I think their home sweater is one of the best in all sports.  The color combination of dark green on white jumps out to me.  As long as they keep green a dominate color, it might work out for the best, though.  Getting rid of purple and tan won't kill me that much.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Where do we see in the article that it's Todd McFarlane?

Or am I missing something?

Gee I hope I'm not making a fool of myself.

As an aside, am I the only one who doesn't like the Oilers third he did? Since when is changing the teams colour scheme something you do on a third jersey...? Plus, the oilman logo deserved to be on there!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My grand-aunt and grand-uncle live in Glendale...Nova Scotia.

I love what Phoenix has now.  I also prefer the name Phoenix over Arizona or Glendale.  I guess it can't harm if Todd MacFarlane makes them a new logo.  The new Oilers logos aren't so bad.  But I hope the jerseys aren't as bland as the Oilers thirds.

Let me at the logo.  I'll come up with something.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I may be in the minority on this topic, but I feel that McFarlane's work on behalf of the Edmonton Oilers - namely, the third jersey - is absolutely AWFUL! Basically, it looks like Todd said, "Hey... let's take an old LA Kings' jersey and slap an oil-drop on it!" IMHO it is one of the singularly most uninspired concepts to be dreamed up in the ever-expanding field of sports logo design.

If he's involved in the Coyotes' redesign, I weep for their logo/uniform future.

Brian in Boston

A few weeks ago I posted the interview with Todd McFarlane in which he spoke about designing the Oiler's 3rd (whether you like it or not, it is the #1 selling jersey in hockey; I bought one myself and I hate the Oilers).  He also spoke about his interest in working with the Coyotes and Cardinals on redesigning their jerseys.  

I believe he stated that he has spoken with both ownership groups about at least being involved in the process, and he did say he had given the Coyotes some concepts he'd come up with.

So, that is where the idea that McFarlane would be involved with the new Coyote's uniforms probably came from.

I don't remember the link, but if you search for the topic "ArAzona Coyotes" on this board, you will find the link there.

Rob

BTW, just to clear things up, the Oiler's 3rds are a deep, deep blue.  I don't see how that is LA Kings colours.  Blue and white are part of the Oiler's colour scheme.  maybe not this blue, but still.  The Islanders did the same thing.  When they went back to their "original" design, they used a much brighter orange, and a much deeper blue which I, indeed, thought was black until I saw one of their jerseys up close in a store for the first time.

Well yes, it is blue, but it's not Oilers blue for one, plus it features silver as oppossed to the Oilers copper. Since the blue is almost black it looks almost just like the Kings old jerseys.

I for one thing the logos are good, and the jersey is fair. However, I remind myself that it is the Edmonton Oilers and think they suck.

Archived