3D Logos

goforbroke

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do u do that

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

not too hard if u play around with photoshop a lot like i do.

seperate everything into layers-- for example the islanders:

the NY

the long island

the Islanders

the puck

the blue circle back

then a little lighting effects, drop shadows, and outerglows if necassary and ur good to go. for the isles and mets i used a fliter called spherize which kind of rounds everything out and gives it a cool effect

suggestion: if you look at all of these side by side with the real ones u really notice the difference.

one other thing-- i like to remove the outline around balls (see red sox and knicks) - i think that makes it look more realistic.

glad u like them

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

What was the point of this. All you did were add photoshop drop shawdows. A lot of sportsnetworks do this. It's not something that is creative or takes skill. You didn't change or do anything to make it your idea. This was pointless. Add you the fect you have 3 different threads doing the same thing. You just bumping down peoples ligitimate concepts for this.

harsh words.

its a little more than just drop shadows- but i did say that its not too hard to do. id say on average they take about an hour or 2.

the point is i think the logos look a little nicer this way. its like one step beyond a recolorization thats all.

you u dont like it thats fine - i wouldn't say im bumping peoples concepts out though theres plenty of room for everyones.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived