Toronto Blue Jays Concept-->Red/Blue

kingssss

Solid concept, just 2 suggestions:

1.) Get rid of the black hats.

2.) On the wordwork in the alts, get rid of the blue in the lettering. switch it to red, silver, white, or some other colour.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You know, if you're going to make a stupid comment like that, you're better off not posting anything at all.  I may not like everyone's concepts, but I appreciate the time and effort they put into it.  Next time why don't you try to be a little more constructive then just saying "it sucks."  Put a little thought into it.

:cursing: bleep off

From a diehard HUMAN BEING fan you suck. :cursing:

Yeah, I don't think I played that one off too well, but oh well, the guy's a d!ck.

B)

The idea has promise. That is to say, I am not a diehard Blue Jays fan, and I don't think it sucks. I also capitalize and punctuate properly when writing, so hooray for me!

Anyway, my 2 cents...

1. Black + red + royal blue on the hats is not a good idea. This looks like the equivalent of what DePaul U. started wearing, and I don't like their look at all after adding black. Putting red into the logo and uniforms makes black unnecessary, and you did a great job of getting it almost entirely out of the jersey. Why leave it on the hat?

2. The red may be a little bright, but it's more the lack of white trim than the use of red that causes the problem. For the few places where you left black in the jersey (outline in the wordmark and logo, mostly), try going with white. Separating the red and blue with a white outline will keep the two colors from clashing so much. They're both very dominant colors, and need a trim color to set them apart.

3. I'd use just the "JAYS" alternate. For some reason, the "TORONTO" wordmark has a lot of royal blue in it, and against a royal blue background, the letters really don't pop off the jersey the way they should. Besides, it'd be easier for the team to wear "JAYS" at home and on the road. Two alts becomes merchandising overkill, and "TORONTO" would look strange at home games.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived