Chicago Cubs Concept

Robert89

I have the wordmark right now, but I am waiting for my copy of Adobe Illustrator CS2 to be shipped, again, because my last one was defunct, so they have to replace it...haha...

Well for the wordmark, check out my sig, and let me know what you think think, thanks...

I like it better without the underline. It's a pretty futuristic font for the Cubbies as well; I like it, but there are probably a lot of purists out there who wouldn't.

I'm liking the blue text without underline....

I'm interested to see what you're doing with the logo, though. I mean, I would consider the Cubs logo pretty "untouchable" because of its' simplicity and how it fits with their identity, but I'd like to see what you're thinking about.

Further, you could do a lot worse than that font on a road uni.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I'm liking the blue text without underline....

I'm interested to see what you're doing with the logo, though. I mean, I would consider the Cubs logo pretty "untouchable" because of its' simplicity and how it fits with their identity, but I'd like to see what you're thinking about.

Further, you could do a lot worse than that font on a road uni.

How's this for a rough sketch?

cubslogo8wz.png

ok, color that right and I could see it working pretty well for you. You could still have the head pointing out of the C if you wanted to, although I think with such a boxy C it would look a little awkward.

Nice work so far.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Well I'm not going to do a "C", I'm not going with the original Cubs style...I'm going to put it ontop of a baseball, or just leaving it there, not sure yet...The cub will be their blue color, with a darker blue shadow, and a red (their red) eye...I am probably going to just leave it be, without anything behind it...

Alright, well I got back to work, and flipped the colors around, lemme know your thoughts...

cubssigs2xl.png

'Salright.

What draws my eyes in a negative way is the "S" in "CUBS". It looks really out of style with the rest of the wordmark, which is more squared off with rounded corners and with few serifs. The "S" is very round and has serifs on top and bottom.

A new "S" would unify the idea and make it work more for me. Same for the curves on the "B" - try and square them up and round the corners.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived