Toronto Blue Jays Concept

LMU

If the Jays are going to stay with their current logo/graphics/numbers package then this recolorization is a definite improvement. Just as a question...What's the current feeling of the fans on the logo package. I think they hate the black/graphite. I certainly do. :blink:

Looks great but I don't really like the font you use for the players names. That alt is very nice.

The font's the same exact one the Jays use now... I only wanted to change the colors to incorporate more blue.

VmWIn6B.png

I'll say it before and I'll say it again...

the shade of blue the Jays use... although I LOVE it, and it looks good graphically... realistically the hat would be just as bright as the teal Marlins hats.

I'm not a fan of this... but I don't think anyone's surprised. There has yet to be a Jays concept here that I like since everyone gets rid of the team identity's uniqueness insted of enhancing it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

This is about as good as one can get using the source material around today.

I would also prefer different numbers, since the Jays have always had wonderful, unique fonts for their wordmarks. But this is nice. Slight critique: the logo on the alternate looks too hight; it's riding into the armpit. It could come down a little bit, and the right chest number could come up so it looks less misaligned. (I know the Rangers do it this way; it doesn't mean it looks right.)

Braden's concern about the brightness of the hats is valid, but all you'd have to do is darken the blue ever so slightly. Dirt and grime will take care of the rest. I'm just not a fan of the graphite hats they have now, black is a copout, and a team named the BLUE JAYS ought to realize what their primary color should be without having to give it a second thought.

These look very sharp. If they had come out with these as their new look back when the black & graphite fiasco made its debut, I'd bet that a lot more people would've taken to these uniforms more readily. I know I would have.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Uh-oh, only two "not worthy" smileys from Thunderstruk ... tsk tsk. :D

Seriously, though, this is nice. One of the things I have hated the most about the Jays jerseys is that there's no piping or anything on them, so I definitely think this is an improvement. The double white piping on the alt is maybe a bit too much, but overall I wouldn't complain if they went to this.

I'm not a fan of this... but I don't think anyone's surprised. There has yet to be a Jays concept here that I like since everyone gets rid of the team identity's uniqueness insted of enhancing it.

the problem with the jays uniqueness is that it's just unique and nothing else. sure no ther team uses graphite, but there is a reason for that.

as for the concept at hand, it looks great given the current jays identity. still dosnt hold a candle to the ws era unis though. not your fault, given the logos and colours you were restricted to.

Archived