Brooklyn Nets

goforbroke

theres no way they wont be the brooklyn nets... or the brooklyn SOMETHINGS if they change their name.

i see ur point about the B but it is slightly different from the red sox. the two loops meet with a triangle instead of being flush with the line. but i do see your point.

especially with the nets so closly affiliated with the yankees they probably wont use a B similar too the red sox.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

If there's a lawsuit, it'd be from the LA Dodgers, who ostensibly own the not-quite-the-Red-Sox-B.

What do you mean there's NO way they won't be the Brooklyn Nets? It's stupid to market yourselves to just ONE borough of the city. New York would be more inclusive, the team has been the New York Nets before, and you've got the Mets and Jets to rhyme with. New York Nets is less likely to alienate fans from Queens and Long Island.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

New York Nets is less likely to alienate fans from Queens and Long Island.

those fans are already knicks fans and wont change just because a team in brooklyn uses the name "new york"

the team's fan base will be concentrated in brooklyn so it makes sence to name the team "brooklyn nets"

If they play in Brooklyn but call themselves "New York," they will alienate people in their own borough. Brooklynites are very proud of their community, and most don't like being called New Yorkers.

Also, I like the old Dodgers-style "B" for the Nets. It goes along with the Knicks who use a Yankees-style "NY" only in different colors.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

"New York Nets" flows better, and that B is too associated with the Red Sox.

Yeah there would def be a lawsuit...too similar.

:blink: ?

The "B" is what the Brooklyn Dodgers wore. Why would the Red Sox sue the Nets for its use, if the Red Sox and [brooklyn] Dodgers coexisted through 1955 with those 2 similar logos and no one sued over it? For that matter, who gets to claim the wishbone C - the Chicago Bears or the Cincinnati Reds? And can the Indians make a claim to it as well?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

a lot of people outside of the area dont realize how big brooklyn is. if you seperated them into seperate cities-- three of the 4 largest cities in the country would be midtown manhattan, downtown manhattan, and brooklyn. also people in queens and long island would flock to brooklyn because they also like to disasociate themselves with manahattan. not to mention staten island and jersey. if they wanted to be the new york nets then they'd just move back to nassau. ratner wants that brooklyn market and trust me he's going to use it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

For that matter, who gets to claim the wishbone C - the Chicago Bears or the Cincinnati Reds?  And can the Indians make a claim to it as well?

don't forget the twins. [comic book guy]best use of the wishbone c ever.[/comic book guy]

"New York Nets" flows better, and that B is too associated with the Red Sox.

Yeah there would def be a lawsuit...too similar.

:blink: ?

The "B" is what the Brooklyn Dodgers wore. Why would the Red Sox sue the Nets for its use, if the Red Sox and [brooklyn] Dodgers coexisted through 1955 with those 2 similar logos and no one sued over it? For that matter, who gets to claim the wishbone C - the Chicago Bears or the Cincinnati Reds? And can the Indians make a claim to it as well?

My point was that people might associate it with the Red Sox rather than the Dodgers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There is no doubt they'll be the Brooklyn Nets. The jersey is going to sell like hotcakes, too.

I like the 3rd alternate.

I'm still not convinced the team is going to move, though. If it does happen - as it probably should - they'll have to be the Brooklyn Nets, not New York. Too Generic

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I love the script on the alternate. That's perfect. The only problem with the B on the other uniforms is that in those colors, it might be confused with the Red Sox "B" by some people.

VmWIn6B.png

I hope they use the move as an opportunity to update the colors to red-white-royal. I am not suggesting "throwback" in any way, I woudn't mind if they kept the same uni's just with less-dull colors.

I can't really see them being called the 'brooklyn" Nets, but if they did, I'd be in favor of the script alt, kind of like you did.

I kind of hope they just do a whole re-branding and come up with something better than "Nets" for a nickname. Nets has to be one of the worst nicknames in sports.

Also, it is the perfect opportunity to bring out the perfect mascot for a Brooklyn based sports team:

The_Brooklyn_Brawler.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived