Cincinnati Reds Concept Set

14er

First of all, :welcome: aboard.

Now, for the concept:

I'll be honest, I am not diggin' this. These are the Cincinnati REDS we're talking about. And the home cap is black, the home logo is black, the road primary jersey is black. It should be apparent what the primary color oughta be.

My other major issue with these is the inconsistency of it all. The home pants have striping on the belt loops, and red/black/red stripes down the pant legs. The road pants have no stripes on the belt loops, and unbalanced red/black stripes down the pant legs. Ditto the jersey piping. On the home, single red down the middle, black around the vest armholes. On the road, single red everywhere. On the alternate, triple-thickness piping.

It's different, but different isn't always better. The Reds are a traditional team in a traditional town who've been around since 1869. I just can't see them making such radical breaks from all their history for script wordmarks and black road jerseys.

Also, the "CINCINNATI" should be smaller; the letters would disappear into the armpits if someone put that on.

Sorry, hope this helps...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

On the home hat and the away jersey, why are there little white like scratches?

It's what happens when a vectorized template is converted to a .bmp file. The curved lines in the drawing wind up becoming black-to-white gradients in straight lines. It takes forever to get rid of them.

It's why I stopped using .bmp files and went to .png; much cleaner lines.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I wouldn't want the Reds to have a black alt, or the black logo on the home. The red uni isn't that bad because it is red. and im not too fond of the script. i dunno, somethings a little off imo.

teamsnew2.png

On the home hat and the away jersey, why are there little white like scratches?

It's what happens when a vectorized template is converted to a .bmp file. The curved lines in the drawing wind up becoming black-to-white gradients in straight lines. It takes forever to get rid of them.

It's why I stopped using .bmp files and went to .png; much cleaner lines.

Actually it don't take that long. You can normally get rid of them pretty quick.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

First of all, :welcome: aboard.

Now, for the concept:

I'll be honest, I am not diggin' this. These are the Cincinnati REDS we're talking about. And the home cap is black, the home logo is black, the road primary jersey is black. It should be apparent what the primary color oughta be.

My other major issue with these is the inconsistency of it all. The home pants have striping on the belt loops, and red/black/red stripes down the pant legs. The road pants have no stripes on the belt loops, and unbalanced red/black stripes down the pant legs. Ditto the jersey piping. On the home, single red down the middle, black around the vest armholes. On the road, single red everywhere. On the alternate, triple-thickness piping.

It's different, but different isn't always better. The Reds are a traditional team in a traditional town who've been around since 1869. I just can't see them making such radical breaks from all their history for script wordmarks and black road jerseys.

Also, the "CINCINNATI" should be smaller; the letters would disappear into the armpits if someone put that on.

Sorry, hope this helps...

ditto.

Yet another concept where black is used incorrectly. For a team like the Reds, it's okay to incorporate black into the color scheme. However, it should be done sparingly and as a drop shadow accent color. That's it. No black jerseys, no black hats, no black undershirts, no black socks.

QPR%20Sig.png

no piping where the buttons. no teams do it and theres a reason why, the home needs pinstripes or numbers because its really bland. road would be great if the hat wasnt grey. everything needs sleeve logos

the home seems to be missing a few things (REDS inside the C, front number, Mr. Red on sleeve), the other two just need the latter. Being a proponent of the gray hat, I like the idea. the home alt, I'm tempted to figure out a way to put CINCINNATI down it :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the home seems to be missing a few things (REDS inside the C, front number, Mr. Red on sleeve), the other two just need the latter. Being a proponent of the gray hat, I like the idea. the home alt, I'm tempted to figure out a way to put CINCINNATI down it :D

your not going to touch the reds discrim :D leave that creativity to someone elses team B)

hate to break it to ya, but I have in teh past...a few years ago when Shark used to run his Iron Crossover contest, I'd done one for the Reds football battle, complete with pinstriped pants and a pinstripe white jersey with red sleeves :hockeysmiley:

and back when I was going crazier with baseball jerseys than I do now, I'd done this Reds TATC jersey...the hat had the road wordmark on it, and I'd redone Mr. Red into the uniform colors I was using (white hat, red jersey). basically you had to see it-the jersey with the running Red...wearing a jersey with the running red on it...wearing yet another jersey with the running red...and so on and so on.

hell, back in 01 or 02 I'd recolored Mr. Red's hat and sleeves to match the "Cincinnati Blacks" look they were using at home. coincidentally, they soon started wearing the red hats and sleeves more :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Reds don't were sleeve logos anymore. I noticed this on there website, watching games, and read on ESPN.com's Uni Watch that the reason was because some players wore them, and others like Griffey wore the Nike undershirt whick didn't have the Running Man. I also tried adding numbers on the home one and it just took away the clean look, which is also why i left the reds out of the c. I wasn't sure about the grey cap either, but i didn't want the same cap for all three jerseys and a black looked even worse.

The Reds don't were sleeve logos anymore. I noticed this on there website, watching games, and read on ESPN.com's Uni Watch that the reason was because some players wore them, and others like Griffey wore the Nike undershirt whick didn't have the Running Man. I also tried adding numbers on the home one and it just took away the clean look, which is also why i left the reds out of the c. I wasn't sure about the grey cap either, but i didn't want the same cap for all three jerseys and a black looked even worse.

your not breaking much to me. im a redsfan. check the name. i said you need a sleeve logo.

and discrim come on! B)

I agree a sleeve logo probly make it look better, but i just didn't want to spend the time putting it in there when it has already been removed for a reason. I'm a reds fan too. watching it on gameday right now.

Here's my new and updated. I wasn't sure to put it in a new topic or this one so i did both.

Home

redshomeconceptedit300xy.png

Road

redsconcepteditroad308va.png

Home Alt.

redsaltconcept305qv.png

You've made some changes, but I can't say I think they're for the better.

HOME: Meh. It's traditional... to the point of being too bland. A wishbone "C", single-color piping, no numbers.

ROAD: The Gray Hat Experiment was discontinued for a reason. It just doesn't look right. When tradition has made gray the de facto primary color for the road uniform, caps and lettering are the only way teams can infuse some color into their look. Making the hat gray robs the Reds of a chance to wear the color their team is named for in a conspicuous place.

ALT.: Oh my, no. Please no. Just like the Gray Hat idea fizzled out, the idea of making the area between the piping a contrasting color hasn't taken hold in today's MLB for a reason.

Honestly, the Reds don't need someone to reinvent the wheel. They are a traditional team, with a simple logo and simple color scheme. You don't need to go nuts making something unique to make something classy and professional.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived