Baseball Cards

Nesi427

I coach varsity baseball and I made an official team set of cards that I gave away as packs, WITH gum to seniors at our banquet. They went over really well!

i based them on TOPPS 1989...all work done in photoshop...

coach_jack.jpgcoach_anderson.jpg

helfgott.jpg

C&C...I know the 1989 cards didn't have the sigs on them, but I threw that in as an added bonus...

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

That is really cool!

I wish that I had coaches while I was growing up that would do fun things like that. The closest we ever got was a team photo...

How did you print out the cards, and what did you put them on? Was it some kind of durable cardboard, like oaktag, or did you just leave them on paper? Also, were there backs to the cards, with stats and such?

And finally, how did you make the gum really hard and without flavor? :D

EDIT: I just noticed this while looking at it, but it looks like that giant metal climbing dome behind left field is coming out of your shortstop's back pocket. Pretty neat, in a coincidental kind of way.

Nasi, that's the 1990 set, hehe. I don't get to nitpick very often, so give me a break.

Anyway, comparison:

1989 Topps:

1989Toppsfront.jpg1989Toppsback.jpg

1990 Topps:

1990Toppsfront.jpg1990Toppsback.jpg

I like 'em, though, especially considering your players weren't any older than 4 when the cards came out. ^_^

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I coach varsity baseball and I made an official team set of cards that I gave away as packs, WITH gum to seniors at our banquet. They went over really well!

[snip]

C&C...I know the 1989 cards didn't have the sigs on them, but I threw that in as an added bonus...

Plus it was Donruss that did the "Rated Rookies" -- Topps was "Future Stars".

Nitpicking aside, those look awesome. I tried making one of my son using the 1972 Topps as a template, because he liked the looks of them. It didn't turn out this well, though.

It's where I sit.

How did you print out the cards, and what did you put them on? Was it some kind of durable cardboard, like oaktag, or did you just leave them on paper? Also, were there backs to the cards, with stats and such?

And finally, how did you make the gum really hard and without flavor?  :D

I work at OfficeMax and I printed them there on a color laser on 110# stock paper. I was going to do them on gloss, but I wante that cardboard look like the originals had. I laid them all out on sheet (9-up) and then sliced the cards.

The whole process was really fun! This is the type of stuff I really enjoy doing with photoshop. I didn't put any info on the backs, b/c I didn't have immediate access to the stats when I was making them.

And my gum had LOTS of flavor! :D

If anyone here is interested in having cards made up for your team or even you league, please don't hesitate to contact me... :wink2: email me: ndesign.studios@gmail.com

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I coach varsity baseball and I made an official team set of cards that I gave away as packs, WITH gum to seniors at our banquet.  They went over really well!

[snip]

Plus it was Donruss that did the "Rated Rookies" -- Topps was "Future Stars".

Nitpicking aside, those look awesome. I tried making one of my son using the 1972 Topps as a template, because he liked the looks of them. It didn't turn out this well, though.

I'll further nit: the '90 Topps cards didn't have the position listed on the front. :P

Seriously though, this is nice, high-quality work.

[EDIT: Read, Ryan...sheesh! ^_^ ]

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived