OMG BLUE JAYS CONCEPT!

phayze

I realize this is nothing new, but I've never made a baseball concept before so I decided to use my first on a blue jays concept.

bluejayslogo.png

bluejaysuni.png

BP:

jaysbp.png

This template didn't come with belts so just imagine them being the same color as the stirrup.

breakin tables.

C&C.

edit: and I mispell modern in the subtitle! how embarassing.

Untitled-1.png

Love it!

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

:flagcanada::wub::upside::notworthy::love:

oh...its perfect!

World record for emoticons. And you're not even Thunderstruck.

I don't like the graphite outline around the numbers or letters. I'm OK with a dark outline (and consequential dark inner-line) on the font. Kind of like the late 90s jersey's, only better.

Also, if you do light blue, make it lighter and go the whole way and add blue pants. I personally don't like the look, but it may improve this concept.

I kind of dig the navy jersey, just ditch the graphite outlines.

And make the maple leav (if plural of leaf can be leafs, then singular of leaves is leav) red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

LET'S GO ARGOS!.....Oh, wait, wrong sport. All kidding aside, I like the layout, except ditch as much of the graphite as you can. A little on the bird head is OK, but please, none on the lettering. And the light blue cap is just too much. :D:flagcanada:

I'm obviously in the minority on this, but I am not liking these as much as everyone else seems to.

First, what I DO like:

- light blue and navy blue caps.

- return of the original "Blue Jays" font.

- the return of the Clemens-era bird (not my favorite, but better than the present).

- minimized graphite.

- minimized black.

Now, what I DON'T:

- none of your maple leaves are red. They need to be red, not only for purposes of national identity, but to offset all the blue in the bird logo and wordmarks.

- a degree of inconsistency with the piping. Some jerseys have it around the neck and sleeves, some have it just on the sleeves, some don't have it at all. It looks less intentional and more like someone wasn't paying attention to details so as to be consistent across the entire design.

- white letters and numbers on gray jerseys. Not all that legible when applied to fabrics, not all that nice to look at IMO.

- line overkill on the letters and numbers. Using the home jerseys' "BLUE JAYS" as an example, you have: light blue letters with navy internal line, with navy outlining, with graphite outlining around all that. On TV, this is going to wind up looking like a blurry test-pattern mess.

- color choices on the letters and numbers. Beyond the white-on-gray I already mentioned, part of the reason that the original wordmarks worked was that the numbers were 2-toned, and the contrast color (internal stripe) was the color of the body of the jersey (that is, the home white jerseys had royal blue numbers, no outlines, and the internal stripe in the numbers was white. Your numbers and letters have no fewer than 3 colors, not counting the color of the jersey itself.

- the player names were never written in their unique font. The player name is smaller than the team wordmark, and it is such a complex font that the smaller you make it, the less legible it becomes. Which defeats the point of putting the name on the front.

- maybe it's just a spacing issue, but Shea Hillenbrand's numbers touch. This just doesn't look right - the numbers ought to be separated so each digit stands alone.

That's my 2 cents, take it for what you will. It's well-executed, but I have issues with the concept as a whole.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

- minimized black.

Theres no black.

a degree of inconsistency with the piping. Some jerseys have it around the neck and sleeves, some have it just on the sleeves, some don't have it at all. It looks less intentional and more like someone wasn't paying attention to details so as to be consistent across the entire design.

Every jersey has sleeve piping. The roads do not have the neck piping because I didn't like the way it looked with the Toronto wordmark. Other teams do this and I don't really think its a problem.

- white letters and numbers on gray jerseys. Not all that legible when applied to fabrics, not all that nice to look at IMO.

The gray I used is darker then the normal road grey you'd see and I think especially with the double outline. I think it looks fine so I left it.

I did away with the second outline except the road where I think it works. I also fixed Hillenbrand's number and gave the BP its own little hat.

edit: Ok made the maple leaves red and I'm actually pretty happy I did.

Untitled-1.png

Archived