Concept: Cedar Rapids Kernels Remade

BallWonk

Mainly a recoloring with a new cap logo. I put a crossed CR on the cap, in a modernized version of the logo on display in the museum section of the team store, and superimposed it on a slightly cornier version of the team's current corn/ball logo. Then I moved the whole package away from Angels red (although I liked my first version, with red, dark red, and silver just fine) and toward a green, yellow, and brown scheme more in keeping with local identity.

My main hope is that the new logo and color scheme makes the cap look more like both a traditional Iowa farmer's seed cap and a professional baseball team with a civic identity. C&C hoped for!

Home

kernels-home.png

Road

kernels-road.png

Alternate

kernels-alt.png

20082614447.png

Two gripes: the home/away cap logo looks a bit busy with both the interlocking C-R and the corn-ball logo, and the green is just a tad bright for my tastes. Other than that, awesome work!

QPR%20Sig.png

this belongs in concepts.

OK, but cut me a little slack for the structure of the boards changing on me. The "concepts" board is new since the last time I looked at the main boards page. Which would explain why the "sports logos" board has had a dearth of interesting concepts the last few weeks ...

Any idea how to get this thread moved over to the right part of the board?

Oh, and the green and brown are both much darker before I tell Photoshop to "save for web." Darn thing just likes to yellowfy my images.

20082614447.png

I like the home and aways, but the alternet uniform dosen't do well in my book. I think it's because of the green and brown going together, so maybe... and don't hate me for saying this...

you could use a white vest instead?

Ehh, I'm not a professional, but that's my opinion, and I think it would work well.

Archived