St. Louis Cardinals Concept

Audiodrama

Hard to update a classic.

When did they come up with the "new" STL monogram?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Excellent work here - this is a great concept. Here are a few thoughts from a life-long Cardinals fan:

- Love the use of the retro "StL" logo

- Arched names look great

- More natural "wood-ish" look to the bat is very nice

- Use of "St. Louis" on the roads is great

- Excellent alternate jersey

- Really like the white "StL" logo outlined in red on the BP cap

Suggested improvements:

- Need numbers on the fronts of the jerseys

- How about using a black colored bat on either the home or away (and alternate?) like the Cards did until the early 1950's

- Swap the BP cap and the alternate cap

- Rather than using the same red cap for home and road, how about using a dark blue cap with a red bill and with the retro red "StL" without a white outline for the road cap (similar to the caps used prior to the late 1950's)

- Would like to see an alt jersey or vest with the single bird on the bat with "Cardinals" wordmark logo on the left side

Again, REALLY like this concept - great job!

Good work.

It looks good but I wouldn't be in favor of this switch. I've done my own Cardinal concepts but I don't want to see them in use either. For awhile I supported adding some stripes to the uniforms, but I don't want to see that anymore. I love the simplicity of just the birds on the bat.

I like how the red alt looks, but I just don't want to see them wear anything but white or grey unless its spring or BP.

Now, as far as the St. Louis road script, I do like that, and I wouldn't terribly mind them doing that on the away uniforms. I've done that on my cardinals concepts, but it always looks ackward because "St. Louis" is shorter than "Cardinals."

Great work though!

from yet another life long die hard cardinals fan........excellent work on this concept i love the ideas just bring back the current StL and the road cap but i commend the creativity of the old school look. Honestly this is probably the best cardinals concept i have ever seen. However i would probably be upset if they ever changed drastically from what they have. Their current set is just so clean and simple. But again great work.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

IMO you have perfection if you just put the numbers back on the fronts of the jerseys ...not sure why but I have always preferred thier unis with the numbers on the front.. and this may sound like a stupid question , but how did you get the road script to match so well ?? did you make the wordmark yourself ?? Sorry still a rookie!!! great job though !!!

The full "St. Louis Cardinals" script is available on the big site. It also has the old Baltimore road script, and you can edit yourself a passable Milwaukee road script as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

did you make the wordmark  yourself ?? 

Yeah I did...well, kinda. I took the regular "Cardinals" script with the two birds on the bat, and I cut out the "St. Louis" from the full "St. Louis Cardinals" script available on CC's main site. A bit of Photoshopping and you got the final product.

Archived