Dallas Cowboys Away

RedFalcon7

Is it just me or should all teams away and home uniforms follow the same pattern? Not only do the cowboys wear two completely different jerseys, but their road pants arent even one of the team's colors. Let me know if I'm not the only one who believes the white jerseys should look a little more like this...

DAL.jpg

damn, you been busy! :D

I'd have silver trim, but other than that it's a good idea...it's been hashed over again and again, but heh.

basically, the Cowboys have three different silvers used in the uniform...the silver used on the helmet is metallic silver blue...the pants used with the white jersey are metallic silver green...and for good measure, teh sleeve stripes on the blue jersey, as well as the pants worn with those jerseys, are plain ol' metallic silver. Throw in the different blues, the use of black on the white sleeve striping, and the gray facemask and you got an odd mash.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not only do the cowboys wear two completely different jerseys, but their road pants arent even one of the team's colors.

This statement is the CCSLC equivalent of the Bat Signal. PANTONE, do you copy? :D

Is it just me or should all teams away and home uniforms follow the same pattern?

Yes. In football, where the jersey fronts are not dependent on large wordmarks for identification purposes (like baseball and basketball) or logo crests (like hockey), it would seem most important to standardize the home and away looks for ease of identification. But the Cowboys have always thought of themselves as somehow above the rest of the league, and you could infer that they feel their non-matching looks (and multiple shades of silver... they are ALL team colors, believe it or not) are part of their look.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Awesome. That's what they need! Not that pile of inconsistent crap they call a uniform they have now. Seriously, not only are the cowboy's white jerseys inconsistent, they're UGLY! :puke:

Very nice - :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Somebody posted a while ago that they had "inside knowlege" (or heard from a credible source or something like that) that the Cowgirls were in fact conteplating going to this look in 06 or 07.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shouldn't we should use the terms white and team color when referring to uni's? Home and away are confusing when used for teams like the Clownboys who usually wear white at home. "Away whites" makes no sense unless you're talking about a white jersey that's different from the home white jersey, and perhaps that's what the poster meant, but what a tangled web.

As for the concept, I like matching up the different shades of silver and blue but am a traditionalist jersey-wise, i.e. they should keep the current two stripe style.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The reason why the white Cowboys' jersey is different than the blue one is that it was designed before the blue one. The white one as it is now is a classic. They have essentially worn the same white jersey since 1966, the only difference is the black outline of the blue stripes on the sleeve. Up until 1996 they had a blue jersey that was the same design as their white one. The cowboys have had the different color home and road pants since 1981, and I think the only reason why they changed them then was because the blue jerseys started having the silver numbers on them. The silver numbers were the silver of the helmet, so the pants needed to match the two. I wish that the Cowboys would not redesign the white jerseys, but instead go back to the blue jerseys from the 70's and wear the same pants with those that they wear at home or keep the two sets of pants and go back to the blue jerseys that they wore in the early 90's. I do not want to see the white jersey redesigned. The white jersey is the Cowboys. Teams wear their white jerseys at home when they have never done it before just so they can make the Cowboys wear the blue. With the blue on, they really just do not look like the Cowboys. I hope that Jerry Jones decides against changing the white ones, what he needs to change are the blue ones.

Archived