NBA Europe Team 4

AAO

Amazing

Question for Against All Odds?: Whats with the name the odds are 100% that your gonna create an amazing concept. keep up the great work!

I recall asking him about that in the first DiscrimiPaper, and I remember it stemmed from the fact taht when he first came here, all he had was Paint but he was able to work magic with it...sort of like winning a nascar race with a Pinto. Now AAO got his Charger B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'll "reign" on the parade...

Personally I always feel your designs are too Pointy. This one perhaps does this the most out of any I remember. There isn't anything wrong with points, but how long they are to me, makes them seem ackward. If you shortened and thickend them I think you'd have a better looking concept, and it is a good concept.

Also, you've done better on this, but your outlines are still too thick for my liking.

I like the classic look of the effel tower from head on, but I think it could be even better if 2 things happened. One, if all the support bars were more correct and accurate. And 2, a more dynamic angle of the tower. I can't ever remember seeing the tower depicted from a extreme upward or downward angle. It could really add some depth to this package.

Just my thoughts.

Good color scheme though. You can't ever really go wrong with nice rich colors and gold.

Edit: Upon further inspection of the Eiffel Tower, you did a pretty good job with the rendering, its not too over simplified. I think the red threw me off a bit.

discrim, thanks for clearing that up. i was 16 when i made the sn, didnt bother to change after getting my "charger" haha.

pc, thanks for the strong critique. i like the idea of an extremely upward view of the tower. but the thing with the points are, if i shortened and thickened them, it wouldn't reach past the wordmark and outside of the logo...but ill work with it. and ill try thinning the outlines as well.

geez, i almost forgot about this entire set...we finished what? almost a month ago?

anyway, look out for the last couple teams, i know ian's spent a good deal of time on one of them and i have yet to get crackin on the other but hopefully we'll finish off the league concept nicely.

thanks for all the comments and crit fellas, its appreciated

Would a team in Paris have an English nickname? I think it would be in French. The word "reign" would be "règne", and I don't think you'd be able to have the spiked ends come down in the wordmark like you did with "reign".

Yeah. One of the cool things about Shark's international concepts are that he always puts the team name in the native language and lettering.

I know a lot of the NFLE teams have English nicknames (and I'm not sure whether they have native language counterparts), but I personally think it would be cool and add a level of authenticity to have the nicknames in the native language.

That said, you've done some nice work with this logo.

The colour scheme is rather dark, and the black and red in the tower don't contrast too well. The crispness of the angles are one of the alluring features of the Eiffel Tower, and the dark red and black don't always convey that as well as they could, blurring the definition a little.

However the balance of the logos are very good, and the uniforms are IMO terrific. Very clean. (The names on the back could contrast more on the dark jersey, but that's a minor nitpick.)

Nicely done AAO and Greg. Keep up the good work.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 2 months later...

The ABL only lasted from '96-'99, but the teams were:

Atlanta Glory

Chicago Condors

Colorado Explosion

Columbus Quest

Long Beach Stingrays

Nashville Noise

New England Blizzard

Portland Power

Richmond Rage

San Jose Lasers

Seattle Reign

Sorry AAO, I don't mean to knock you in anyway. I love your concepts. The ABL isn't deserving of any recognition anyway.

ujsignature.png

Archived