Event Flyer / Poster

fiasco!

here's a poster/flyer i did for a charity event right here in the g.

i was going for a sixties style concert poster, hopefully i achieved my goal....the client seemed pleased.

this is the actual size for the flyer....the posters are being printed at 11x17 and 24x36.

beachball_flyer.gif

I like the beach/hawaiian shirt theme combined with the old early-1960s poster look, perfect for such an event. It's odd that it says "beach ball" and you have a volley ball in the background but I agree with you that the overload of colours on a beach ball would ruin the overall feel of the poster that you have created.

Based on what you were aiming for, I'd say you definately achieved your goal.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Nice work, but to be honest, I can barely make out the black text with that background.

It's just wondering, did the client requested the price of the ticket on the poster?

they sure did.

Although it would screw up the way the text fills the space, it'd be more readable if the text read

The

Beach Ball

Foundation

...but I'm sure you took that into consideration already.

I like the layout of the bottom half of the poster.

BTW, did the ball in the background change, or is Creamer on drugs again?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think we both know the answer to that question

Maybe I'm looking at it differently but I can see a beach ball now, without colours of course.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I don't know if he's on drugs right now. I think it will take a while before the effects from his two-year addiction to Flintstones vitamins wears off......

I saw, I came, I left.

Well if the client was pleased, then I suppose our CCSLC C/C is really beside the point. Nonetheless, ask and ye shall receive my good man.

The only change I would have suggested would have been to lighten the blue somewhat on the background. I don't think the lighter type would have washed out had you used more of a Columbia blue or even a Honolulu blue.

And I don't know why Creamer is seeing a volleyball in the poster. I mean I see the subliminal image of Phyllis Diller whipping the ghost of Count Basie with a dead gila monster, but I certainly don't see any volleyball.

Archived