Nebraska Bombers

gordie_delini

this is real good, but you probably know that already. I'd say that the only thing wrong with it is the Nebraska is hard to read especially the B and R. Try making that type bigger.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I like the colors and the primary. Not sure what the uniform/helmet logo would look like on those, however. I believe the high school in Richland, Wash., near a nuclear reservation, calls its team the Bombers, and they have a mushroom cloud logo. You might consider a variation on that -- the logo is the bomb, and the uniform/helmet logo is the result.

Also: Since it's the Bombers, are they going to just heave the ball down the field? (Can Daryle Lamonica still play?)

Packers-2.png

Love the colors - your secondary logo, I really like. (Of course, I'm a WWII buff)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

you asked for a plane - i give you a plane, first by itself, then with the wordmark, then a new tertiary mark - on the tertiary mark, i had a little trouble executing the map design, so i would appreciate some feedback on that. i would also like some help executing the plane and the wordmark together - its almost there, but not quite. anyway, enjoy!

BOMBER

Nebraska-Bombers-bomber.gif

Primary Mark v.1

Nebraska-Bombers3.gif

Primary Mark v.2

Nebraska-Bombers2.gif

Tertiary Mark

Nebraska-Bombers-tertiary.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

Looks great. i like the colors a lot, but do agree that the lettering needs to stand out. my first thought was lose the arch andmake the background the wingspan on the bomber, with some circle/stars thrown on the ends? its really a stretch though. it really looks too good to harp on. on a side note, i was goona use those colors for a fantasy team in eugene, which makes us quasi-neighbors. yeah, oregon!

Looks great. i like the colors a lot, but do agree that the lettering needs to stand out. my first thought was lose the arch andmake the background the wingspan on the bomber, with some circle/stars thrown on the ends? its really a stretch though. it really looks too good to harp on. on a side note, i was goona use those colors for a fantasy team in eugene, which makes us quasi-neighbors. yeah, oregon!

not just quasi-neighbors - im a student at the University of Oregon, so we'll be ACTUAL neighbors!

OD_Signature.jpg

Looks amazing gordie_d, but I have one question, what's the line from the tail to the left wing? It seems to go under the tail wings, yet connects to the top of the tail.

that line is actually a support cable that goes from the tip of the tail to the gun turret on top of the canopy - if you look at some pictures of B-17s, you'll see that. i suppose it could be better with a shadow on the right vertical stabilizer (the smaller wing by the tail), but i figured it would come across, because it cuts across the highlight on that stabilizer. suggestions for the wordmark?

OD_Signature.jpg

Looks amazing gordie_d, but I have one question, what's the line from the tail to the left wing? It seems to go under the tail wings, yet connects to the top of the tail.

that line is actually a support cable that goes from the tip of the tail to the gun turret on top of the canopy - if you look at some pictures of B-17s, you'll see that. i suppose it could be better with a shadow on the right vertical stabilizer (the smaller wing by the tail), but i figured it would come across, because it cuts across the highlight on that stabilizer. suggestions for the wordmark?

I think like Sterling commented about Moose horns, sometimes there's stuff there you don't need to see.

When I think of a Bomber, it looks like that, but without the cable.

In regard to the wordmark, it's very dark.

Like dark green on dark green.

I'd also like to see it with the wordmark and the plane seperated.

Like the plane underneath the wordmark or something.

It just seems like there's a lot in a little space, with the letters and their outlines, and the plane and its outline.

PS The map of Nebraska on the plane is a great touch.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Suggestion: Lose the wire from the front of the plane to the tail - it distracts from the whole logo and makes it look cluttered.

Being a fan of B-17 (which is the plane you modeled the logo after) the wire is not necessary for the logo. The entire thing will look cleaner w/o it.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived