NBA Europe Team 5

AAO

Like the colors a lot. Reminds me of the XFL logo for Birmingham. Probably the X.

Not really feeling the unis, but the secondary is top notch. Kinda Cavs-ish, but its a dope logo.

Really like the type face. Is it original?

One thing that bugged me is that on the primary, the Y and the G dont look to be equally reaching down and away. It looks like the G goes further Left than the Y goes Right. Id put a small serif on the y like you did on the G.

Maybe simple-up the sword handle, I know i've made the same mistake of getting really intricate on the sword handle, and it distracting the rest of the piece.

On the Terty, id consider something besides the sword. what about something more typically brittish? A sheepdog, a Buckingham guard hat with a basketball? Fish and Chips? Maybe just the unionjack?...ok well ill let you venture that one.

Good start though.

Another suggestion, put the links for the other ones you have on each thread so people can compare and contrast as they are going, and plus they will get more exposure that way, AND they will be tighter as a package.

Boo-yuck.

One small critique...the "G" on the uniforms has a crazy miter flying towards the side. This is not evident on the primary logo. You should just take that type face and stick it on the unis (especially since you have it 3D with the orange shadow underneath it).

Still, very solid work.

Cards.png

Well executed as usual AAO.

I'm not feeling the sword though... these are sharp dangerous objects but yours isn't jumping out of the screen at me like I'd expect a sword to. Maybe its the angle of it straight up and down that makes it hard to get perspective, but it just doesn't look aggressive enough to me.

As someone else suggested the G is a little crazy but I do like that font you've made there.

(But hey... its still like 100000000000 times better than what I can do :D )

liverpool-1.png

Well executed as usual AAO.

I'm not feeling the sword though... these are sharp dangerous objects but yours isn't jumping out of the screen at me like I'd expect a sword to. Maybe its the angle of it straight up and down that makes it hard to get perspective, but it just doesn't look aggressive enough to me.

As someone else suggested the G is a little crazy but I do like that font you've made there.

(But hey... its still like 100000000000 times better than what I can do :D )

I was thinking the same thing about the sword. It doesn't look sharp like a sword should. other than that this is very good.

Great package, but the name is a little uninspired.

Yeah, that is what I thought at first, but I went through other possible names, and couldn't think of anything that good. I like the name SPITFIRE, but this project already had the German team as a miltary idea, and I doubt many Germans would appreciate the Spitfires playing over there. I know this is not a proper league, but somethings like that are important.

signature.png

While there indeed may be better names for London's team than "GLORY", I can live with it. But if you are going to go with that name, I'd make the "R" in the wordmark look more like an "R". To me it looks like "GLOAY" or "GLDAY". Maybe a thicker outline would help define the "R" better.

On the whole, I like it. Paris is still my favorite for what it's worth. This is likely my #2 at the moment.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the overall look of this package, but I have to agree with many of the sentiments thus far. The sword looks more like a letter opener to me; needs to look more....rigid (not sure if that helps). I don't really get the lightning bolt "X" behind the wordmark and tertiary logo. Kinda looks like it was just thrown in there. And, as others have said, the G looks a bit out of place, but your explanation has cleared that up.

I've always been a fan of your work, AAO. This is another good one. Tinker with it a bit and it has the potential to be yet another great one.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

nice stuff, but i kinda think Titans when i see it with the color scheme and sword. I was really hoping for something featuring Big Ben, as it'd be interesting to see how u would incorporate a big old clock!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived