ATL thrashers concept

MotownMadman11

Like: the color of most of the body; the waistline stripe.

Don't Like: the asymmetric "ATLANTA"... this will go down as one of the WORST ideas every to hit sports uniforms, as bad as the old White Sox' shorts; the mismatched mesh insert panels under the arms; the 2 small lines of gold piping running perpendicular to the thin gold piping running across the chest and from wrist to wrist.

Overall: Not likin'.

General comment: MM, in all of your works, I've noticed a couple of trends. For one, they're rushed, and it shows. There just doesn't appear to be a lot of thoughtful planning going into your designs. On these boards, quality trumps quanitity every time. Secondly, and this goes with my first comment, you seem to cram as many design elements into one concept as you possibly can. It seems like it is done out of haste from trying to crank out as many concepts as you can. On this one, you've thrown in: lace-up necks, mesh panels in mismatched colors, the awkward asymmetrical name down the sleeve, piping, striping, and 3 shades of blue. None of it looks like it belongs there with anything else; it's all a jumble. It comes across as very disorganized and takes all of the uniformity out of a uniform. One or two elements are all you need to create a lasting look. Teams like the Yankees, Celtics and Jets make do with white and only 1 other color. Simplicity can work for uniforms.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

god awful

jk :D

Not too bad, i think like color you chose. its not really overwhelming, though.

BTW, if you want, you can use that http:// hyperlink thing under the picture in your album, copy and paste that into the post it would look much better imo.

teamsnew2.png

First of all i pefer blue, and secondally u got photbucket, so why dont u post them instead of giving us a link, and thirdly, how come u never take our comments and recreat ur work, or atleast say thanx for the comments.

4kv29i.jpg

First of all i pefer blue, and secondally u got photbucket, so why dont u post them instead of giving us a link, and thirdly, how come u never take our comments and recreat ur work, or atleast say thanx for the comments.

Agreed, and another suggestion:

Instead of whipping out ten concepts a night, why don't you only do one and take plenty of time on it. You'll get more respect if you emphasize quality over quantity.

VmWIn6B.png

"First of all i pefer blue, and secondally u got photbucket, so why dont u post them instead of giving us a link, and thirdly, how come u never take our comments and recreat ur work, or atleast say thanx for the comments."

before i didnt know how to put it in my post

i do need to recreate my work

i dont say thanks because i dont get compliments

siggg.png

Dude... WTF?

C&C stands for "Comments & Criticisms".

Honestly, I've gotten more out of people who've given me truthful, objective critiques - no matter how much they may hurt, or how much you disagree - than people who toss off an empty compliment. You're submitting your efforts for a community of sports uniform junkies from all over the world, with varying degrees of experience and talent. And none of us have any emotional investment in the work like you do as its creator. If people are willing to take time to evaluate your work and offer advice that may help both your design and your techniques, you should be thankful. No one submits things on these boards that appeal to EVERYBODY.

If people were just flaming you and writing, "IT SUCKS... AND SO DO YOU!", then I'd fully agree with you. But you'll get more in the long run from the people who not only DON'T like your work, but are willing to give you specifics as to why.

Like everyone is telling you, spend a lot of time making one quality design at a time. And you don't have to agree with any one of us, we're just trying to help. The people here have helped me improve markedly, and I have only been submitting things on these boards for 5 months. Progress takes time.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i'm one of the few who like the powder blue thrashers alt, so i'm not fond of this recolouring based on the fact that you altered a perfect jersey, imo. as for the concept itself, i would make the underarms the same colour as the jersey. also i would work on your presentation. that goes a long way in how people precieve your work.

"First of all i pefer blue, and secondally u got photbucket, so why dont u post them instead of giving us a link, and thirdly, how come u never take our comments and recreat ur work, or atleast say thanx for the comments."

before i didnt know how to put it in my post

i do need to recreate my work

It is comments and criticism. If people dont like your work, you wont get any compliments. Try to take more time on your concepts instead of throwing 10 out there per night and maybe you will get some compliments.

And, BTW, there's a quote button at the top right of everyone's post.

teamsnew2.png

Archived