Arizona Diamondbacks Concept

McCall

I made new wordmarks for them. Thanks to the Diamondbacks font from Eric J., which is what I used to create the new marks. I dropped the teal, turquoise, whatever color and just left the black, purple, and copper.

DiamondbacksUniforms.png

Here are the wordmarks, in case you can't see them

DiamondBacksWordmarks.png

Before anybody says anything, I know I need to work on the "BACKS" inside the box. So look past that for now and I'll fix that and post an update later.

The black is KILLING me!

(J/K, lol)

I REALLY like dumping the "D/snake". No need for 2 cap logos, especially one bearing the initial of the nickname.

I like the ARIZONA wordmark on the roads.

I mildly dislike the lack of teal. Purple and copper work great, but it looks like you essentially traded teal for black. Black doesn't make me think of the desert Southwest as much as the teal/jade did. You could keep it to a minimum (the left half of the cap logo, number shadow) and still have it around.

I don't like the splitting up of "DIAMOND" and "BACKS". It might be more excusable if the team had a two-word nickname. But a diamondback is a snake, and it's one word. Splitting up a word - even a compound word - looks very incorrect. Both halves of the word are equally important (as in, neither "diamond" nor "backs" is the emphasis) and so the wordmark should reflect that. Unfortunately that leaves you with a really long name.

I'm not sure about "D'BACKS". From a design standpoint, it's a help to you; but I can't say I am a fan of using popular nicknames as an actual jersey wordmark, even though teams have done it before ([White] Sox, "PHILS").

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

On the bp and the road alt I think the black and purple are too hard to distinguish from each other. The black and purple blend together too much IMO. Maybe try usuing more contrasting colors on those two jerseys. Otherwise I think the rest of the set works well with the exception of the splitting up of the Diamond and the Backs on the home. I never liked that wordmark and I do not think it has any place on a jersey. But the road and the home alt work for me and with a few tweaks the rest of the set would be just as good. Good start!

This is making me, well, :cursing:

Even the .png images that I put on my brothers desktop on this computer are normal. I don't get why they turn to black when I post them. None of my other concepts did that. Anybody has any answers, let me know.

Are you using IE? Do the PNGs have an alpha transparency?

If so, that's why. IE doesn't handle alpha transparency well, so it tends to throw in a random background colour.

Maybe it'll be finxed in a year-plus, after they finally release a new version of IE. Maybe.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This is making me, well,  :cursing:

Even the .png images that I put on my brothers desktop on this computer are normal. I don't get why they turn to black when I post them. None of my other concepts did that. Anybody has any answers, let me know.

Are you using IE? Do the PNGs have an alpha transparency?

If so, that's why. IE doesn't handle alpha transparency well, so it tends to throw in a random background colour.

Maybe it'll be finxed in a year-plus, after they finally release a new version of IE. Maybe.

I don't know what IE is. They're fine on the desktop, but turn to black in Photobucket. It was just the D'Backs concepts doing it, but I just uploaded a Braves one and it did it too. Now pretty much all of them are doing it. The ones I already posted were fine, my Nats and Cards. This is really pissing me off. I have a Twins one that uploaded normal but all the others have the black. WHAT'S GOING ON?! :cursing:

I don't know what IE is.

IE = Internet Explorer

Y'know, the web browser made by Microsoft.

("Thanks for holding. Ok, um, I'm going to need to find out if you're Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Communicator.... No, you don't. Ok, well, look in the top right corner of your screen,do you see a big blue 'E' or a big green 'N'? ... Big black nothing. Ok, well, um, I'm really sorry, that's totally my fault. Ok, what you're gonna need to do, now listen to me very carefully, you're gonna have to turn your computer on.") :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived