Stadium drawings

patsox

I recall Moser had a full arena design as a project. I have done some concepts since I was in high school. Unfortunately, I did not save many of them.

But here are some pics of stadiums that I have done over the last year.

These are renderings of a stadium for my WAFA team, Edmonton Bombers, known as Ralph Klein Park

constuction_update_2_3_05_2.gif

constuction_update_2_3_05_1.gif

constuction_update_1_23_05_2.gif

constuction_update_1_23_05_1.gif

constuction_update_1_22_05_2.png

This a stadium that I've done for aussie's fantasy teams

MorrisFieldSoccer1.png

MorrisFieldRender1.png

I saw, I came, I left.

I did a 3D animation of the New Busch Stadium right after the first artist renderings of the stadium came out in 2000. I was a senior in high school and did was taking Graphic Design through Vo-Tech at the Community College in Springfield. I did it in Strata, for our 3D animation class. I don't know where the actual "movie" is but I might be able to find some of the "stills" that I had. It didn't look exactly like the stadium, but I just kinda roughed it. I got an A on it so I guess I did pretty well.

Quad... Holy crap they're phenomenal!

I was going to say that I used to hand-draw baseball stadiums through high school and college - especially as the groundswell of support for "Veterans Stadium II" [Citizens Bank Park] got louder in Philadelphia. But the sketches have been lost to time. But they weren't anything like Ralph Klein Stadium. Those are sick!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Quad... Holy crap they're phenomenal!

I was going to say that I used to hand-draw baseball stadiums through high school and college - especially as the groundswell of support for "Veterans Stadium II" [Citizens Bank Park] got louder in Philadelphia. But the sketches have been lost to time. But they weren't anything like Ralph Klein Stadium. Those are sick!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ditto. I used to draw 2-D aerial view line drawings of baseball stadiums - playing fields, bullpens, seating etc. - just to try to fit them into street maps of cities, real or imagined. It was a way to kill a few minutes in study hall.

tzch6.jpg

Outstanding work, Quadival, as usual. A friend of mine in an architectural design program tried to do a stadium for his class project, he actually said it was too hard and switched to another type of structure, so hats off to you, sir!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Outstanding work, Quadival, as usual. A friend of mine in an architectural design program tried to do a stadium for his class project, he actually said it was too hard and switched to another type of structure, so hats off to you, sir!

Thanks. However, you must understand, these renderings are only the outside areas. The real difficulty, to me anyways, is what is underneath the stands, which I never do. Things like the concorses, location of player rooms, washrooms, stairs, elevators, electrical room, boiler room, and well, you get the idea. That's why it's so hard, because a stadium is a very complicated structure, perhaps more so than your standard building. But I can only speak for myself, since I'm not an architect by trade. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

I've done stadium and arena seating maps, on Microsoft Word, and as a guide I use the seating maps of many facilities, such the Oakland Arena, United Center, Oakland Coliseum, and FedExForum. The tricky part making sure each shape is lined up uniformly. I can upload them soon as I can, they're on a different computer.

With a degree in design/drafting, I know how hard it is to put that stadium together Quad. I worked for an engineering firm for 8 yrs. and just to do 3D modeling takes time and alot of patience. All I can say is great job!!

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

I used to love sketching all kinds of stadium floorplans as a kid. Here is the only experiment I did on the computer several years ago. AutoCAD has matured greatly since then, so this is actually pretty rudimentary compared to what can be done now. Still, you asked for it:

FIELDS.jpg

I enjoy drawing stadiums, but never tried it using the computer.

When I was a teenager, I build a make-shift baseball stadium in my backyard. I used a long garage for the left-field bleachers, a big barn for the right-field wall, and the dimension were not as normal as a regular-size stadium. The power alleys were about 135 ft. long, and it was about 218 ft. to centre field.

I wish I had software to design a kick-@$$ stadium.

Archived