Atlanta Braves Vintage

jgsmith725

Why reference the past in this concept (and clearly, you could have done way better in that department) when the real thing has clearly done so already? Their current uniforms are as close to perfection as you can get and, given the team's recent run of success, are darn close to untouchable right now...

QPR%20Sig.png

You know, I actually like this despite myself. Red and black for Atlanta ... hmmm. Maybe some of the other teams in town should try that too.

Plus, switching to this would free up some much needed space in the NL East blue spectrum for the Nats. You've got the Phillies and all their red already, plus the Metropolitans with all their blue, and then the Braves with a whole red-white-and-blue theme. It'd be good for the whole division of Atlanta switched to red and black.

20082614447.png

Call me crazy but IIRC even in the years when the Boston Braves used the black tomahawk on the unis (1946-52) the rest of the uni trim was navy and red, including the caps.

This is fine but the cap "A" is indistinct for me. It also looks like your jersey piping is red/gold and your pants piping is red/black but again, that may be my monitor or the fact I need bifocals.

tzch6.jpg

Don't the Braves actually use red and navy, not black?

As for this version.. sorry, those colours don't look very good. And that shoulder logo's a mess (though not as heinous as the laughing Brave... gah, was that awful).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Are the names on Atlanta's uniforms navy or black?

Also, the Braves uniforms should never change. This includes being the last vestige of arched, rather than radial, nameplates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Plus, switching to this would free up some much needed space in the NL East blue spectrum for the Nats. You've got the Phillies and all their red already, plus the Metropolitans with all their blue, and then the Braves with a whole red-white-and-blue theme. It'd be good for the whole division of Atlanta switched to red and black.

But the Nats are the reincarnation of the formerly red/white/blue Expos. Does space need to be created?

I do agree with BallWonk but for slightly different reasons. He's right - no one includes black (except for the Mets and their "trim color that ran amok" look) in their look, and red/black/gold would be a great look. And additionally it could placate the UGA and Georgia Tech factions in a sharp-looking way.

The hat needs a little oomph.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

While I echo the statements that the Braves' current look really doesn't need changing, I like these. The only thing I could see would be to swich the sleeve logos - as you have it, the Indian head is facing backwards, and that just seems wrong to me, for some reason.

Archived