AZ Cardinals Alternate Concept

Chief.

i thought up that same thing but i never really got a chance to make it. excellent job, you did everything i wanted to except the facemask should be red and i think on all of their jerseys, red, white and black if they use it, should have a gold outline on the number and the black or red depending on the jersey. you should also try making these with red pants

That is one sharp jersey, and as a Southsider and a Cardinals fan, (They used to play on the Southside of Chicago, and so when they moved my family stuck with them) I think it would be great to bust that out once a year when it is not too hot out. Nice Work playa. Go Cards.

Sweeeeet Looking - nice job! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Not only is it too close to the Falcons (who I like better in the red jerseys by the way), would you want to wear black jerseys in the Arizona heat?

Our football team wore black jerseys at home (with black helmets), and they were very uncomfortable in New Jersey. I'll pass on black in 'Zona - but I like the design.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not only is it too close to the Falcons (who I like better in the red jerseys by the way), would you want to wear black jerseys in the Arizona heat?

Our football team wore black jerseys at home (with black helmets), and they were very uncomfortable in New Jersey. I'll pass on black in 'Zona - but I like the design.

Aren't they going to have a retractable roof for the warmer months on their new stadium?

Our football team wore black jerseys at home (with black helmets), and they were very uncomfortable in New Jersey.  I'll pass on black in 'Zona - but I like the design.

Aren't they going to have a retractable roof for the warmer months on their new stadium?

Yeah, but they're not playing there this year.

And what color do you think of most often when you think of a cardinal: red or black? Just because the Blue Jays lost their way and design sense by cutting out the blue doesn't mean the Cards have to follow suit. Extrapolating this trend, we'll see the Orioles in green and gold by '07! :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...
I know a team called the cardinals probably wouldn't wear a black jersey, but that didn't stop the blue jays.

Yeah and since when are eagles jade or black?

Since when are Falcons Black, Red and White?

Just an idea. I know a team called the cardinals probably wouldn't wear a black jersey, but that didn't stop the blue jays. C&C welcome.

I made the exact design and posted it on my own board months ago...

:P

dude its an alternate and they have black in their logo

Have you ever heard the St. Louis OR Arizona Cardinals - or for that matter, Southern Illinois, Louisville, Ball State - referred to as "the Blackbirds"? No? Me neither. But "Redbirds"? Very common. Illinois State was also the Cardinals, but they changed their nickname to "Redbirds".

With an association this strong and common, and with the relatively small amount of black used in the logo, why make black the dominant color, even on an alternate? Especially given that there is a team in the league named for a predominantly black bird (Baltimore). And considering further that another team named for a bird uses black and red as their primary colors, why make a jersey that makes you look less like what people associate cardinals with, and more like a league rival?

Fashion and merchandising shouldn't be trumped by logic and common sense.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived