Pittsburgh Penguins alternate concept

Andy

For this I simply took their current sweater and added the powder blue. I also created a Frankensteinian logo consisting of the modern skating penguin and the circular wordmark from their first logo. I don't yet understand how to resize images in Paint without them looking too crappy (if it's even possible), so there are some issues there, But you get the idea. I did this from scratch with RC's template, so it wasn't as easy as it probably should have been. Anyway...

Here is the obligatory "C&C welcome."

pens_jerseyconcept.png

EDIT: I didn't do the back because I'm lazy.

EDIT II: Made some changes in accordance with the comments and I have to say I totally agree with you guys. Thanks for the insight.

Needs gold somewhere other than just the logo. Maybe trim or stripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have to add my voice to those calling for more gold, if for no other reason to really tie the jersey and the logos together. That said, though, I wouldn't use a whole lot of the gold either. Maybe just in between where you currently have the black stripe and the white areas, or a stripe about as thick as that just below where the thin blue stripe currently is.

The collar could also use some colour. I would just stick with black there.

have to agree with BBTV and lost...needs a hint of gold on the uni itself away from the logos...best bet would be to change the powder blue stripe between the black and white ones to the gold.

also, maybe changing the circle to black and doing the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS in white on the crest might work a little better, but that's just my $0.02

Judging it over all, I have to admit I like this...it's tasteful and it fits within the current setup the Pens have while being nostalgic at the same time.

Nice work for a first effort, sir :hockeysmiley:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Not bad, actually, though it has too much white in it for my tastes. For some reason, large amounts of white on a coloured jersey like that looks odd to me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The edited version's looking mighty sharp :D

Nice work :hockeysmiley:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Looks great except one thing:

the 90's shoulder patch logo is too contemporary

and the old school logo is too old school--

with them being so phenominally different I think you have to pick a look to go with, old or new. They just don't go well together at all.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Except, of course, the old-school is now new-school, and the Pens currently do exactly that--the skating penguin is the crest, the hummingbird is on the shoulders. It works out ok. (Especially 'cause the skating penguin is much better anyway... but not the old scarf version.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Except, of course, the old-school is now new-school, and the Pens currently do exactly that--the skating penguin is the crest, the hummingbird is on the shoulders. It works out ok. (Especially 'cause the skating penguin is much better anyway... but not the old scarf version.)

they just can't co-exist, it makes my head want to blow up!

they're just TOO different in design. One's like, totally hand-drawn looking and the other is meticulously mathmatically designed. They're both awesome logos, they just contradict too much :\

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Okay, so I caved in and bumped this because I finally finished it. Also, I added the Penguins current set for context. If there are any more comments or suggestions, I appreciate them. Otherwise, this can die because it's finally all done.

Archived