MY kansas city royals concept

i've been a royals fan for 20 years and decided to give my turn at their look. i slightly changed the "royals, kansas city and k.c." font and updated the primary logo, i also added silve on the alts. the uniforms are update to the 1969 uniforms they wore in their inaugural season in kansas city.

kcroyalsconcept.jpg:D

here is a pic of the original 1969 uniforms...

1969kcroyals.jpg

sms.gif

yes your right! i didn't say it was a original new logo and font, i just wanted to see a update to a old logo, and also my scanner and printer out-of-comission til thursday and then new logos will come.

sms.gif

But Patsox's point is still valid. You used a generic font instead of the wordmark the Royals have had since 1969. It comes off looking like something a high school would wear, that they got from the local embroidery shop. It doesn't look like something a professional team would wear.

Now, trying to distance the execution from the concept:

If the trim color is silver, it doesn't conjure up images of royalty. It's been beaten to death and back on these boards, but gold makes you think more of royalty. Royal and silver makes me think of the University of Kentucky.

If it's gray, I'm not into it at all.

On the alt, the number is down over the liver. It's too low. It's lower than the numbers on the jerseys that are supposed to be lower to accommodate the wordmark across the chest. It should be almost as high as the "KC", if not as high.

All in all, the execution is killing this concept for me. Sorry.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't think this would ever fly in reality, but I like it. Certainly you would need to choose different typefaces for the script and numbers, but I kinda like the idea of a team having an identity/color scheme as simple and as identifyable as BLUE/WHITE.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Not really into the gray. I'd rather see gold or nothing at all.

I do like how you went nameless and changed from a vest to a regular jersey. I also like how the road and home scripts are matching.

I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Archived